Goal Zero ~ Yetti 400 vs ARB 50qt fridge

snowblind

Adventurer
Yeti = 13v on display.

Meter = 12.9v at end of power cord.

In my case it looks like the voltage drop is after the power cord. In the fridge wiring.

IMG_0708.jpg

The interesting thing - the difference in voltage is only under load. I wonder if my fridge measures voltage AFTER the power supply.

Matt

Last edited:

e60ral

2016 4Runner Trail w/KDSS
Yeti = 13v on display.

Meter = 12.9v at end of power cord.

In my case it looks like the voltage drop is after the power cord. In the fridge wiring.

View attachment 398871

The interesting thing - the difference in voltage is only under load. I wonder if my fridge measures voltage AFTER the power supply.

Matt
How are you getting your fridge voltage? Sounds like your fridge is faulty but I didn't think the ARB displays voltage so I'm curious where that is coming from

EDIT: just noticed you have an edgestar. wrong voltage is a common issue with those, a lot of people have a problem with it reporting a lower voltage than it is actually seeing. if an ARB is doing that though you should contact ARB if it is still under warranty

For an ARB though the low setting is 10.1V, so even if it is reading 1V low the yeti battery is dead anyways at 11.1V

Last edited:

vr4henry

I just picked up a new Goal Zero 1400 Lithium and the 12v plug from ARB is definitely too long. Thanks for the heads up -- I was going crazy trying to figure out what the issue was. Will try a 12v M-to-F cigarette cable as intermediary, then modify ARB cable with a shorter nose (still fused) plug.

tbisaacs

Adventurer
I just picked up a new Goal Zero 1400 Lithium and the 12v plug from ARB is definitely too long. Thanks for the heads up -- I was going crazy trying to figure out what the issue was. Will try a 12v M-to-F cigarette cable as intermediary, then modify ARB cable with a shorter nose (still fused) plug.

Make you own using a goal zero ring connector to 6m cable. Much more secure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St8ton

Hate to revive an old topic, but I will because this post helped me.
Goal Zero is aware of the issue still and is very kind to send out an adapter at no charge. You'll get the 6mm to Female DC plug.
I asked if they had been in discussion with ARB about the known issue and "he had no idea". Fix it however you want to and know that Goal Zero will send you a plug if need be. Just give them a call and be nice.

JKJenn

Adventurer
Hate to revive an old topic, but I will because this post helped me.
Goal Zero is aware of the issue still and is very kind to send out an adapter at no charge. You'll get the 6mm to Female DC plug.
I asked if they had been in discussion with ARB about the known issue and "he had no idea". Fix it however you want to and know that Goal Zero will send you a plug if need be. Just give them a call and be nice.
Very helpful, thanks. I was unable to get the compressor to kick on on DC and hopefully this adapter will resolve the issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz