Goal zero plugged into hook up sites

We often camp coastal California where there are hook up sites available. I’d like to install a ac receptical on my ford transit to plug into the hookup. My question is on the interior side can I just run this to my goal zero and use it as a inverter? I only ever use it as a stand alone power source. I’d assume I can buy a wall mount ac plug and then wire the back side to just plug into my goal zeros 120 charging cable.

WOODY2

Adventurer
thanks i have one of those! just wanted a clean plug in perhaps in my wheel well that from the inside is wired and plugged into my goal zero.
main question was regarding just being able to plug in my goal zero to the hook up and use the receptacles on the goal zero for plugging in my electric heater and so forth.

this is what i was thinking to install in my wheel well back where my goal zero is located so i can just plug into that from the camp hook up then just have my goal zero AC charging cord already plugged into the other end of that set up. under my wheel well boxs.

Attachments

• 07304460-2AE8-4525-9B31-999B21929095.jpeg
    07304460-2AE8-4525-9B31-999B21929095.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 38

WOODY2

Adventurer
I got one of those but the attached pigtail was way to short for where I wanted to install in my rear bumper. You will most likely need the 30 amp RV adapter.

didnt see both links i have the 30 amp pig tail yellow and black adapter just ordered a port ac plug in with 2 18" pig tails on the inside van side to mount under where my goal zero is.

john61ct

Adventurer
Do not run stuff from your powerpak+inverter when you have shore power available.

Especially an electric heater!! or anything high wattage.

Inside of the inlet go to a Y adapter, or wire a proper small fuse panel to an outlet. Plug your powerpak into that to charge.

Thanks guys that’s the info I needed. I bought this. I’ll plug my electric heater into one pigtail and the other into my goal zero just to charge if needed. also bought a 30amp surge Protector pigtail.

Attachments

• 40E19B01-94AB-44A9-8D0F-4CEEA2CBAE76.png
    40E19B01-94AB-44A9-8D0F-4CEEA2CBAE76.png
    670.8 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: WVI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles