Goal Zero 500X

Bought a Goal Zero 500X kit with solar panel and car charger. Battery already will not charge. Went to charge it in the house for the weekend and it will not take a charge. Tried the solar panel, car charger and the 120 volt charger. None would work. Not happy with there product right now:(

highwest

Call the company before flaming them on the internet.

Sorry you got a bad one, but most reputable manufacturers would happily/politely take care of your issues very quickly. These things happen sometimes, since no manufacturing or QC process is 100%. A company’s customer service is what wins lifelong customers.

whith

I blew a fuse on a Yeti 400 unit a couple years ago after already owning it for a couple years and they took care of me at no charge. Their customer was service was great.

They gave me a RMA on the 20th and still no return box. I have read reviews of the 500x having charging problems. Hope they figure it out as I wait.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
They gave me a RMA on the 20th and still no return box. I have read reviews of the 500x having charging problems. Hope they figure it out as I wait.

Things are a little disruptive right now with all the crazy covid rules. Some companies are shut down against their will.

Finally a courier picked it up yesterday. One of the engineers there called me and was very help and told me what was going on. The 500x does have a charging problem, but with the shipping hassles going on they dont have any back yet to solve the problem..

Scotty D

This situation has got to be a nightmare for them. They have a product that many feel is beyond premium pricing and they really need to justify that with top notch service. Not being able to provide that is probably taking a toll in their reputation even though its not their fault

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles