Go Fast Campers ripoff

gabrielef

Hopefully they can avoid similar issues by not taking orders so far in future. This type of problem isn't unique to the camper/RTT industry. Best of luck to all in these lines of business.

Was the preorder far in the future? I know it got extended a couple times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPOVS

Thanks for posting this. I was considering there lightweight roof top tent for the Bronco, but after reading this not anymore. I don’t appreciate businesses who do this to customers.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I suggest registering an complaint with the BBB and make your case. I think it is hard to restock something that does not exist. Even if they were building your unit, with their waiting list the should be no issue selling it.
A lack of communication the the company helps your case as well.

I've had great success with two vendors in the "overland" business after a BBB complaint. Both complaints were about lack of customer service. No response to phone calls or e-mails. Both called me right after they got their notification from the BBB . Not happy about the complaints but I had the issues resolved. I wrote the BBB the issues was resolved satisfactory so the complaint was not a total black eye for the business.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
If a business is not listed in the BBB database you can add the business for purposed of your complaint.
Can't find the right business?
Are you unable to find the right business from the search results? You can enter the business information yourself using BBB's Business Information Form.

Business Information Form

Castalone

Was the OP trying to buy a GFC camper or a Superlite RTT? The $1500 suggests Superlite to me. The Superlites were supposed to start shipping in November of this year but have been pushed to Spring of 2021. Nothing custom about the Superlite...

PNWRunner

If you are still interested in the same type of camper, look at Super Pacific Campers out of Portland. I know you are frustrated with GFC and that is terrible business model on their part. They have wait lists, they can afford to give you back your deposit. Good luck.

s.e.charles

If a business is not listed in the BBB database you can add the business for purposed of your complaint.
Can't find the right business?
Are you unable to find the right business from the search results? You can enter the business information yourself using BBB's Business Information Form.

Business Information Form

also, most states have an Attorney General's Consumer Affair Division and companies get a bit nervous when you put things in writing regarding their business practices. all of the sidebar grumbling in the world takes a backseat when pen is put to paper.

NB: multiple copies to all parties concerned and anyone who might be slightly interested. that way, one can't toss the concern in the bin and pretend it didn't happen. credit card companies enjoy hearing complaints from their customers.

rajacat

You signed an agreement that stipulated a $500 nonrefundable deposit. Now you want a full refund? If I was GFC, I wouldn't have given you $0 You violated the agreement, not them. If a specific delivery date was agreed to and then violated, you would've received your full deposit back.

You shouldn't be so un willing to cut GFC any slack during these troubled times. They're providing employment for a number of people and contributing to the local economy.
If you're so concerned about the $300 you lost for canceling out, just be thankful that GFC was good enough to give you $200 as a holiday gift.

EDIT
Moderator, this dirty laundry thread should be closed.

Last edited:

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
You signed an agreement that stipulated a $500 nonrefundable deposit. Now you want a full refund? If I was GFC, I wouldn't have given you $0 You violated the agreement, not them. If a specific delivery date was agreed to and then violated, you would've received your full deposit back.

You shouldn't be so un willing to cut GFC any slack during these troubled times. They're providing employment for a number of people and contributing to the local economy.
If you're so concerned about the $300 you lost for canceling out, just be thankful that GFC was good enough to give you $200 as a holiday gift.

EDIT

Found Cody's other account!

Are you joking? They didn't violate an agreement? Seriously? What do you consider missing the delivery date by 4 months? Within their agreement? Seriously?

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader

EDIT

▲▲JOKE of the day▲▲

rajacat

I have GFC #48. Your whining over $200 dollars for dissolving an agreement you entered of free will is very petty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles