Go Fast Campers ripoff

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
www.codycrafted.com

Not a competitor to GFC, but I'm in the "overland" space.

I'm not necessarily defending GFC. As a small business owner I'm defending a small business' right to stick by their policies and pointing out the fact that people whine in the internet when they could simply contact the company and deal with such things professionally and privately. You'll notice the OP hasn't bothered to check back with us for more details or follow up. Dude has a whopping 15 posts in a year. It's a drive-by trolling and deserves attention as such.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Drive by trolling? Do you work for GFC? Serious question. The way you're steafast defending them all while calling OP names.... That's the only reasonable answer...

carlpb

www.codycrafted.com
emoji6.png

Not a competitor to GFC, but I'm in the "overland" space.
Wish you luck on your business. Hope you understand why people are not generally in agreement with your stance. People as well as businesses are hurting from Covid. I would like to see if GFC has anything to add to this discussion. I read their terms, seems potentially in conflict with consumer laws, just because you state it in the terms does not make it legal or good business practice. As usual the consumer will decide, and based on the posts here, they are deciding now. Seems like an opportunity for another business to improve upon GFC's products and compete for the business if they cannot produce. Hint hint.?

Louisd75

Adventurer
Thanks.

I fully realize I'm on a soapbox about this. Cancel Culture just really gets me riled up

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Would this really be considered cancel culture though? It's not like GFC is building bespoke one off custom campers. It's unlikely that they've even ordered the materials for his batch of campers yet, let alone partway through the build. Realistically, how many times can the deadline be pushed back? I get it, crap happens. I think that there is room on both sides to come to be realistic about the situation. In this case, the product has been delayed significantly more than once, it's unlikely that his camper exists as anything more than electrons on a spreadsheet somewhere. If work had already begun or special parts had been ordered then it would be a different story.

I do understand your thoughts on cancel culture, it's something that I had to deal with quite a bit during my time in a small shop (also frustrating: spending time with customers who used the shop as an information resource but did all their purchasing elsewhere to save a couple of $). As for GFC, I have no skin in this game, but I do see a lot of parallels between their situation and Moby1, Pelfrybilt and a long line of other companies that were awesome, had long leadtimes, social media pages more active than their production floor and lots of ongoing R&D.

@tkconover don't get stuck on GFC. Plenty of other options out there, including rolling your own: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/how-to-diy-wedge-camper.604686/

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Yeah. I commute daily to Bozeman from Fort Worth.

"Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion except the guy we disagree with!"

Yeah, cause I totally know where the likes of you live.

86scotty

Cynic
If you click on members names or avatar: It tells you stuff about them, eh

Dude, you've gone from defending GFC (perfectly fine) to whining about your problems with everyone on forums (which is what you call whining though almost everyone who has responded disagrees with you with good reasons given) and now you are starting in on cancel culture (which is not at play at all here) and now personal attacks (noob, assuming people know the ins and outs of forums and where you might live or work).

Howbout this? I've been big here too for years. I've built vans for people and modded and flipped a million rigs. I've been in 'this space' too for a long time. Nowadays I work in logistics but I can assure you from what you've said already I'll never help you, never bring business to you or in any other way acknowledge you exist or might be trying to make a living. Just for kicks I might just leave you some bad reviews! It has nothing to do with your opinion on GFC, it's because you're just a tool. Happy Thanksgiving!

gabrielef

Dude, you've gone from defending GFC (perfectly fine) to whining about your problems with everyone on forums (which is what you call whining though almost everyone who has responded disagrees with you with good reasons given) and now you are starting in on cancel culture (which is not at play at all here) and now personal attacks (noob, assuming people know the ins and outs of forums and where you might live or work).

Howbout this? I've been big here too for years. I've built vans for people and modded and flipped a million rigs. I've been in 'this space' too for a long time. Nowadays I work in logistics but I can assure you from what you've said already I'll never help you, never bring business to you or in any other way acknowledge you exist or might be trying to make a living. It has nothing to do with your opinion on GFC, it's because you're just a tool. Happy Thanksgiving!

So would this be considered canceled culture? Asking for a friend lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roving1

Since you are complaining about the company even as you defend it for being condemned for its customer service, and since you "build this stuff", perhaps you can share your business name so the consumer can decide if they like your approach and want to do business with you. ?

LOL. This guy made my ignore list faster than anyone here ever has. Can't imagine anyone buying anything from him after reading his comments.

CodyY

Explorer
LOL. This guy made my ignore list faster than anyone here ever has. Can't imagine anyone buying anything from him after reading his comments.

Howbout this? I've been big here too for years. I've built vans for people and modded and flipped a million rigs. I've been in 'this space' too for a long time. Nowadays I work in logistics but I can assure you from what you've said already I'll never help you, never bring business to you or in any other way acknowledge you exist or might be trying to make a living. Just for kicks I might just leave you some bad reviews! It has nothing to do with your opinion on GFC, it's because you're just a tool. Happy Thanksgiving!
Show us on the doll where the bad man from the internet hurt you.

I've been on "the forums" for 20 years or so, never once put anyone on ignore.

Last edited:

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Well it's obvious that Cody is going to die on this mountain. A very weird mountain to die on but a mountain nonetheless. If you think this is a acceptable behaviour them remind me to not do business with you. Ripping somebody for venting online? Every heard of Google? That's reality right now buddy. Better treat people right.

Trolls and thread-stealers aside, thank you OP for posting this. You got ripped off by GFC. Period. You should dispute the charge if you haven't already. No hiding behind "small business"etc. That's shady business. I own a business and I know that anybody pulling garbage like that won't be in business for long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne