Go big or go home:

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
Nice going down through Moab to 40? Done that road many times in all weather, pretty anytime (unless icy!)

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
No kidding.

We made it to our new home in Waco today.

650 miles became 750 miles due to a navigational error, but we did get to see Cadillac Ranch and drove through Fort Worth.

With a top speed of 66 mph in an ex-military truck, it was a LONG day...
Congratulations. I've been across west TX a few times, even in a pickup doing 80+ it was still a very long day.?

Daviticus

Had a couple friends tell me they saw an MTVR with a box in SLC, figured it had to be you.

I've made that drive between SLC and ABQ many times in sports cars and trucks at 75+, and it was still mind-numbingly long. Can't imagine that much pavement-time in a big rig like yours at 66mph.

MTVR

Had a couple friends tell me they saw an MTVR with a box in SLC, figured it had to be you.

Yup- that was us.

I've made that drive between SLC and ABQ many times in sports cars and trucks at 75+, and it was still mind-numbingly long. Can't imagine that much pavement-time in a big rig like yours at 66mph.

Speed is relative. I have done long trips on my Hayabusa, and the right grip serves mostly as a zip-code adjuster.

200mph.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Lol- who said I did 200 mph on a public road?

And I'm not an "ex-cop". I am an honorably retired police officer.
Yup- that was us.

Speed is relative. I have done long trips on my Hayabusa, and the right grip serves mostly as a zip-code adjuster.

View attachment 627497
When you say you did a *long trip* and the grip was a zip-code adjuster. It implies you were traveling on public roads.

MTVR

There are places in the United States where we have driven and ridden that have had no speed limits.

There are no speed limits in places like the Isle of Man, where we have ridden at triple-digit speeds.

There is no speed limit on certain German Autobahns , which we have driven at triple-digit speeds in my wife's new Europen Delivery Track Pack BMW.

And although there is technically speed limits on certain portions of the Nurburgring Nordschleife during Touristenfahrten, nobody patrols it- and we did do triple digit speeds there in my wife's new Track Pack BMW.20141002_065419.jpg20141009_092926.jpguntitled1.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94