Go big or go home:

dreadlocks

Check out what toy haulers got for their ramps, they got nice big friggin springs that take some of the load off... my 7ft tall door lifts single handedly.. I imagine ur gonna be a bit more mass but my ramp is rated for like >1 ton so they heavy duty ass hinges.

Ive decided to make mine a "draw bridge" platform too, I'mna just gonna hard mount some heavy duty auto retracting ratchet straps I can hook into eye-bolts on the ramp because I never park on level enough ground for leg supports that I originally was planning on, I level on side by side axis so front to back I could compensate with variable length and still get a level deck.. they can double duty for strapping cargo to the rear hatch door in transit.

Last edited:

MTVR

We've looked at toy hauler stuff, and it just won't work- toy haulers are made out of metal (so smaller mounting flanges will work), they are designed for light-duty intermittent on-highway use, and toy hauler doors weigh almost nothing- our drawbridge will weigh an easy 700 pounds with a spare tire mounted on the outside of it.

Plus, toy hauler stuff is only good for opening and closing- it's no good for holding the thing horizontal to use as a drawbridge, nor is it any good for holding it in a depressed position (without any other support) to use as the first half of a 16 foot long motorcycle ramp. Our pair of 3,500 pound winches have automatic load-holding, so they will hold whatever position we need, with whatever load we have.

Last edited:

dreadlocks

its not gonna do much for taking the weight off but if the ramps are rated for a ton of weight that 700lb door + you and your old lady should be well within reason.. yeah they are not big strap hinges with a large footprint.. but mebe a piece of steel angle could be used at the hinge, but I'm more a metal guy.. I try to avoid building w/wood, I want to confuse archaeologists thousands of years from now.. ****** was this guy doin!?

Last edited:

MTVR

Ordered our Nova Kool R3800DC refrigerator/freezer, Airxcel Suburban 3643A range, CAT generator, and a $1,000 hammered copper farmhouse sink that my wife picked out...

MTVR

My wife wants bamboo flooring and bamboo butcher block counters. She wants to pick a striking color to stain the bathroom wood with, and a giant square shower head with multi-colored LED lights in it. Should be wild...

MTVR

You're making great progress. What is the interior layout gonna look like?

The last 81" before the drawbridge, is going to be the garage, for the motorcycles and bicycles. Above that, will be a north-south queen bed, with a large cabinet on the right side.

In front of that, will be our east-west dining area, with seating for one on each side, facing each other. There will be a drop-down table, to convert the dining area into a sofa or east-west sleeping for one more.

Ahead of that, will be the kitchen, on both sides. Sink on the left, range and refrigerator on the right.

Ahead of that, will be our bathroom on the left, and the gun safe on the right.

coastalcop

Youre gonna have to post pics when its done of rolling through Salida CO. (long story on my end about that from the 80's) on the way to the apocalypse. great build so far!

MTVR

Youre gonna have to post pics when its done of rolling through Salida CO. (long story on my end about that from the 80's) on the way to the apocalypse. great build so far!

I'd rather stop by "Coastal Texas" and buy you a really good beer, brother... :)

MTVR

We are really trying to have fun with this- the project of building it together with my wife, is as much a part of the experience as all the things we hope to do with it after we're done.

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
So are you really having to manually reset the pins? I mean why have a bowling alley if you don’t have it automatic ?

?. Pure ************ 5star world ender recreational combat hotel

MTVR

We've got all kinds of crazy ideas- a wine rack for French and Italian wines, a globe bar for single-malt Scotch, a display case for our matching Arai Isle Of Man TT motorcycle helmets- nothing is off the table...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles