GMT800 People - Opinions wanted on upgrades/mods

NavyGator

It's been a weird year and a half :) I have a prototype set of brackets on my bench in the shop. So many other things took priority over that. It's on my list of things to complete this summer. Just finishing up a bunch of work on the house so I'll actually have room out by the shop soon to get some things done, including the off road trailer and this bracket set. I haven't forgotten about it I promise :)

Just checking to see if you have had an opportunity to get to those porotype brackets? I picked up a Tahoe a while back and I am looking for a rack solution.

bigdogyj

@NavyGator is that a fully custom rack or did you use a rack off the shelf and modify to fit? It looks really good. Almost like it was made specifically for that body style.

NavyGator

@NavyGator is that a fully custom rack or did you use a rack off the shelf and modify to fit? It looks really good. Almost like it was made specifically for that body style.

@bigdogyj It is custom from start to finish. I thought it up, designed it, had it cut out and installed it myself.

I just posted my build of it over on tahoyukonforum

02TahoeMD

Explorer
@bigdogyj It is custom from start to finish. I thought it up, designed it, had it cut out and installed it myself.

I just posted my build of it over on tahoyukonforum
Brilliant work on that rack, looked at the link you posted on Tahoe/Yukon. Nice job! (y)(y)

herm

Adventurer
I have recently purchased a 2001 2500 suburban 2500 LS with the 8.1L big block. 210k miles. It is my work truck, as an electrician and will be our camping and farm rig as well. I have put about 2k miles on it so far and its been fantastic. I have replaced all the lighting inside with LED, all the front lighting, installed a 10 in sony head unit, new steering gear and several other small projects so far.
It's going to a mechanic with a lift for oil and trans cooler lines, evap canister, abs pump controller ( someone stripped the screws before me)
Does anyone have a picture of the move embark bumpers on a suburban?

looking to get a nice set of tow mirrors and front seats redone next. roof rack, bumpers and front chin/skid on the list as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles