GMC Savana

fog cutter

Adventurer
getting close(r) to placing the order for a 2016 GMC Savana 2500. any input on what to have or not have from the factory? thanks

Definitely get the rear air option. I drove one without at work for a couple of years and now I drive one with rear air and it makes a huge difference. It is so hard to keep the back cool. The heat does not seem to be as much of an issue though. Also, do not get the two piece mirrors if you can help it. They are terrible to see out of. Again, I have had both and the one piece mirrors are so much better. Sliding door vs. double doors are kind of up in the air. If you do not think you will be close to things on the passenger side the double doors will be fine. If space is an issue, go for the sliding door. I have had both of these as well and it seemed like the sliding door was built a little better to me, but it is heavy if you think you will be parked on many hills. Ditto on the locker, these things get stuck in wet grass. I do not think I really need to mention it but cruise control! Also, power door locks is so much nicer. I have had both. It saves you from having to walk around and lock every door. I think that is all for now.

fog cutter

Adventurer
thanks for the input. because i am ordering early enough, i am hoping to get at least 90% of what i want. appreciate the help.

86cj

Explorer
Don't procrastinate, the Canyon mid sizer is killing the delivery of new Vans. GM could be selling more Vans the demand is still there, customers are complaining of order cutoffs and fleeing to the new style vans....http://europe.autonews.com/article/20150302/OEM/303029970/pickup-rollout-pinches-supply-of-gm-vans................http://www.autonews.com/article/20150525/OEM01/305259968/gm-wrings-more-pickups-out-of-busy-plant

Every option is literally ala cart ($15 for dual horns) and not a single one is easier or cheaper later, time to ante up..........They wanted $11,200 for a Quigley 4x4 when I checked, just sayin'.........

I almost ordered a cargo van with every window, they offer a one bench seat package now, gas dual battery option is new I think, rear heat a/c goes without saying, especially when remote start is used from bed. To bad you missed the doors on both sides option, Pro Access package with home made screens would be a great camping van.

I still don't know why a 1 ton cost so much more than a 3/4 ton, it has not had a full floating rear axle for years. One leaf in the spring and little else.............

Attachments

• Cargo Windows Heat.jpg
    Cargo Windows Heat.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Cargo REAR  A C HEAT.jpg
    Cargo REAR A C HEAT.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 13
  • Rear AC diagram.jpg
    Rear AC diagram.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Cargo w Windows.jpg
    Cargo w Windows.jpg