GM to build Nikola Badger

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
That's exciting news. Having GM build it is a huge step toward the badger coming to fruition and being a successful truck. I was convinced that it would end up being vaporware.

Lovetheworld

I don't always understand these collabarations, just like Ford and Rivian, when those big automakers already have some experience with electric vehicles.
They know how to make 4x4s. They also know how to make electric cars. The Chevy Bolt is a good electric car, the battery system works well, battery degradation is just as low as with Tesla.
Why don't they combine that?

I’m not certain who hustled who in this deal. I heard Nikola announced they were going to use GM batteries AND GM’s fuel cell tech. Yes, GM has been working on FCs with Honda for years.

I don’t understand what Nikola is bringing to this deal. GM used to build class 8 trucks years ago, not sure why they need Nikola. Unless it’s a capture and kill, but they’re aren’t many who take Nikola seriously. Nikola tried repeatedly to hook up with Hyundai but they said no.

llamalander

Emissions credits for starters--80% with options on the remaining 20%... but I'm not sure how much that is worth in dollars.
Still not convinced this is a real company/ deal/ truck. If nobody's ordered 10,000 vans from them, how can it be?

Emissions credits for starters--80% with options on the remaining 20%... but I'm not sure how much that is worth in dollars.
Still not convinced this is a real company/ deal/ truck. If nobody's ordered 10,000 vans from them, how can it be?
Nikola claims to have pre-orders for class 8. I think Republic and and a few other big names I’m drawing a blank on at the moment. Maybe BUD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles