GM fullsize AWD Van Info thread

Teacher88

I would love info on the battery. I am looking at Goal Zero all in one solution but they are really expensive...

thx
I just have a marine battery behind the driver seat in a marine battery box. Do some reading on batteries off gassing and see if this is something you want to worry about. I chose not to but I'm sure there are plenty of ppl here that would say otherwise. I charge it off the alternator and off 100 watt solar. For alternator I used 8 gauge jumper cable from house battery to starting battery. Ran wire under driver seat then under the dog house. Fused on both ends with a shut off switch on top of the marine battery box so I can turn it on and off while in the driver seat. I went this route so I could jump my starter battery off my house battery if i ever had too. (It was a great idea bc i have had to do it once or twice).

This is already super long so I will leave it at that. If u want pictures or info on the solar sent up let me know

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

samuel.cocchia

Is your check engine light on?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
No check engine light. The abs/traction control lights aren’t on and there’s no “service traction control/stabilitrak” message except for those situations I mentioned. I was able to cut the wheel all the way and turn real sharp to set it off a couple times but it doesn’t happen consistently.

PURPLE HAZE

No check engine light. The abs/traction control lights aren’t on and there’s no “service traction control/stabilitrak” message except for those situations I mentioned. I was able to cut the wheel all the way and turn real sharp to set it off a couple times but it doesn’t happen consistently.
I've been having the same issue with mine a 2012 106,000 miles. Mine abs would activate with service traction control message while rolling just short of stopping. I replaced all four abs pickup sensors and cleaned the abs rings. Now the service message does not show but abs still kicks in. On some take offs the power is retarded then kicks in with no warning message. I have picked up new front wheel bearing with sensors but have not stalled them yet.

tribaltrails

Been a while since I've posted here. My 2007 awd express is holding up great after about 4 or 5 years of owning it and countless trips down the baja peninsula and up to the sierras. Recently had to replace the upper and lower ball joints and tie rod ends. Recently my suspension is super squeaky. Looking for advice on where to start if I was looking to overhaul the suspension. Right now I have the traxda lift kit installed ( 3" Front, 1" Rear torsion keys/blocks) Im pretty happy with how it rides and sits. Should I just need to get new shock absorbers? I still have the stock ones in there. A friend of mine with the same van upgraded his leaf springs but I cant really tell much of a difference handling wise but it definitely sits up a bit higher then mine. Thanks for any input. Pretty green when it comes to suspension systems. Should also note that I went up a size on the wheels to 17".
I have a 2007 awd express that I'm just starting to work on with a very similar build plan (surf vehicle for baja and beyond). I'd love to connect to see how your van progressed further and ask you some questions. Thanks!

samuel.cocchia

I got a bluedrive scanner to help diagnose the issue. It reads abs codes. Van is throwing codes C0045, C0899 and U1826; left rear speed sensor circuit malfunction, device 1 low voltage, and lost comms with multi axis acceleration sensor module. Thinking it is an electrical issue and I should have someone try and track it down before I start replacing parts.

Scottyrocco16vdub

I have an 09 130k. Susp is tired to say the least so through some research on here I decided to order rough country keys, and the extended length skyjacker shocks. My concern now as I read more is that it sounds like the rear shock upper bushings do not fit ? I have yet to find an answer on this to see if there is a part number for the correct bushing to order. Can any one help? I searched this whole thread for skyjacker info and only got the first few posts where part numbers are listed.

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
I have an 09 130k. Susp is tired to say the least so through some research on here I decided to order rough country keys, and the extended length skyjacker shocks. My concern now as I read more is that it sounds like the rear shock upper bushings do not fit ? I have yet to find an answer on this to see if there is a part number for the correct bushing to order. Can any one help? I searched this whole thread for skyjacker info and only got the first few posts where part numbers are listed.

I pulled the skyjacker part # from one of the early lift discussion threads here. I believe user name is @zuren if you search his posts you should find more info

Scottyrocco16vdub

I pulled the skyjacker part # from one of the early lift discussion threads here. I believe user name is @zuren if you search his posts you should find more info

I searched his name and was not able to find any info on fitting the H7017 skyjacker on the rear of an AWD express. I guess I'll just figure it out when they get in.

boardrider247

I searched his name and was not able to find any info on fitting the H7017 skyjacker on the rear of an AWD express. I guess I'll just figure it out when they get in.

?
My memory is apparently not what it used to be. Try this thread. Post #66

North

Observer
There are two Bilstein rear shock options listed on pg1 that fit. Seems like most people are running the 4600 series shock. What's different about the 5100 series and is there any reason to run it over the 4600?

boardrider247

There are two Bilstein rear shock options listed on pg1 that fit. Seems like most people are running the 4600 series shock. What's different about the 5100 series and is there any reason to run it over the 4600?

The 4600 shock listed is the stock shock for a 3/4 or 1t van. The 5100 is for a lifted Tahoe. The valving will be lighter with the 5100 so it depends on how heavy your build will be which is better.

Scotty D

225k miles on my van and never burned or leaked a single drop of oil .... until yesterday :(
Trying to track down a good sized oil leak that seems to be coming from the front of the engine and spilling mostly down the drivers side.
Of course the entire drive train is coated in oil already so this may be bad information.
I pulled to doghouse and the oil pressure sensor seems to be fine.
What are some likely suspects here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles