GM fullsize AWD Van Info thread

R1ck

I am assuming you ment "fan" if is then yes it did. Mine is installed about as far back as you could go. No issues with duct work or wires. Let me know if u want more information or pics

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Could you post pictures? I got a good deal on a fan and would like to see how yours worked.

Teacher88

Non of these are great pictures of the fan but they r the best ones I have. My van is currently in the shop with an electrical issue otherwise I would take better ones. Hope this helps
fd917199648debe423777028927a7c58.jpg
a13f404f4b74967bcfe02aa09c098640.jpg
b43e4bf842edf40bab0e847d50922aef.jpg

I am assuming you ment "fan" if is then yes it did. Mine is installed about as far back as you could go. No issues with duct work or wires. Let me know if u want more information or pics

Sorry, yes a "fan"... pictures would be great and make/model of the fan.
thx

Still a new member. Had a little help from some of the members on some of the questions i had for my build. Big thanks to you Guys. Here is my 2010 awd express. Journey lift 3" front 2"rear with 5100 bilstein all around. Wheels and tires are 17x8 6x5.5 4" back space -12 offset d windows wrapped in 265 70/17 lt cooper at3 tires. Minor trimming done on the running boards. Loving it so far. Seats 6. All captain chairs. Might ditch the 2 rear captain for a bench for the extra passenger. I have a family of 6 and usually have another family member that goes on our trips with us. Looks like i might have to fabricate something for the rear bench seats since the explorer mounts for 2 seats are separate. Anyone here have any pictures of their rear bench/ bed from their express/savana that has a rear bed? I want to see what i have to modify. Thanks in advance.View attachment 567914
Do you have the reference for the billstein shocks?
thx

Non of these are great pictures of the fan but they r the best ones I have. My van is currently in the shop with an electrical issue otherwise I would take better ones. Hope this helps
fd917199648debe423777028927a7c58.jpg
a13f404f4b74967bcfe02aa09c098640.jpg
b43e4bf842edf40bab0e847d50922aef.jpg

Any chances you got your van back and could take a few pictures of the fan install?

Teacher88

Here are some pics. It is the maxxfan deluxe. I thought the remote was gonna be over kill. I was wrong. I use it all the time from the driver seat especially with the fan being mounted so far back. If u have more questions or want more pics let me know
86e7995e8ed8c313029bc1e3614c4340.jpg
2a3324ba17f51d37874d584f71eca612.jpg
b59f6e822ba70f752576409a32d97b2d.jpg

Teacher88

No issues with existing electrical or duct work( I do have rear heat and ac). I think I removed the rear light in the head liner so I make sure there was nothing in the way. I ran the wire to the driver side floor then up to behind the drivers seat by feeding it behind the factory wall panels. I run mine off a house battery that charges off the alternator and solar. My battery sits on the floor behind the driver seat. If you want more info on my electrical system let me know and incan take pictures and explain everything even down to wire gauge.

samuel.cocchia

I just got an 08 awd express! Looking forward to building it out. I've enjoyed read through all these posts and thank everyone for contributing. Before I invest in my van I have an issue to work out. Driving home I went to change lanes and then turn on the highway and the traction control light came on and the van lost power to engine. It was dry pavement and I might of swerved a little but wasn't losing traction. The loss of power lasted a few seconds and stabilitrak may have even applied the brakes. It could of caused an accident. I pushed the traction control button and that seemed to help.

In the week since then I have had the traction control light come on a few times and the abs light too. There has also been a service traction control/service stabilitrak message. It happened once while parking with tires up on the curb. A couple times while driving slow on a slanted road where the driver side tires where elevated well above passenger side. And once when making a long sharp turn. I swerved on gravel and over wet trolly tracks to test the traction control and it seems to work when it should.

These issues are common in stabilitrak GM vehicles. There are a few solutions I've come across to fix it but will likely need to take it to a shop or dealer to get it diagnosed. I have turned off stabilitrak and traction control by long holding the traction control botton but it just seems to come back on. One solution is to remove the fuse for ABS completely disabling traction control and stabilitrak as well. I am used to driving a Ranger w/o abs or any of these new techs so I am considering just doing that. Has anyone done this? Anyone else with this issue and a solution?

dleeallen

Adventurer
I have turned off stabilitrak and traction control by long holding the traction control botton but it just seems to come back on.

It turns back on after 10 or 15mph, totally normal (and annoying). Any ABS issues? Front speed sensors getting rusty can throw off the signal and cause ABS activation at low speeds. Mine had that issue and a pair of wheel bearing units with sensors fixed it. They recommended doing it in pairs because it's common to need the other side soon after anyway.

I think you can pull the fuse without worry as a temp fix until you get it diagnosed and resolved. That service traction control/service stabilitrak message may help diagnose it easier.

Teacher88

I just got an 08 awd express! Looking forward to building it out. I've enjoyed read through all these posts and thank everyone for contributing. Before I invest in my van I have an issue to work out. Driving home I went to change lanes and then turn on the highway and the traction control light came on and the van lost power to engine. It was dry pavement and I might of swerved a little but wasn't losing traction. The loss of power lasted a few seconds and stabilitrak may have even applied the brakes. It could of caused an accident. I pushed the traction control button and that seemed to help.

In the week since then I have had the traction control light come on a few times and the abs light too. There has also been a service traction control/service stabilitrak message. It happened once while parking with tires up on the curb. A couple times while driving slow on a slanted road where the driver side tires where elevated well above passenger side. And once when making a long sharp turn. I swerved on gravel and over wet trolly tracks to test the traction control and it seems to work when it should.

These issues are common in stabilitrak GM vehicles. There are a few solutions I've come across to fix it but will likely need to take it to a shop or dealer to get it diagnosed. I have turned off stabilitrak and traction control by long holding the traction control botton but it just seems to come back on. One solution is to remove the fuse for ABS completely disabling traction control and stabilitrak as well. I am used to driving a Ranger w/o abs or any of these new techs so I am considering just doing that. Has anyone done this? Anyone else with this issue and a solution?
Is your check engine light on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles