GM fullsize AWD Van Info thread

Choff

Adventurer
I Know the spare thing good also, had a flat due to a bad stem, spare tire was not same size, had to flat truck to tire shop.
Wife goes is your spare tire same size ?? dam
So , ordered spare rim , same as van and found same size tire. Then the fun began when I found out the spare does not come down from under Van.
Had to put new spare tire cable system so I could lower it.
It's a road van-no spare on back for this guy.

stevets

Hi All and thanks for all the info. Just scored a 2013 Express AWD with 89K. It's got passenger and driver side barn doors, fixed windows on all but the front doors, full steering wheel controls for bluetooth, audio, cruise, etc.,power mirrors, tilt and absolutely nothing behind the front seats - a blank slate for a replacement camping buggy for my 4Runner ( great truck with not enough room). I'll be doing the 3-4" lift with Suburban springs, new torsion keys and Bilsteins with bigger tires to get some clearance so we can get to the good spots! I Intend to take my time on the interior build out so I can actually use it and adjust accordingly.
I found a site that has nearly all the RPO codes in alphabetical/numerical order that worked well for me in checking out what options were included in the build of my van:
http://d354nuoz4t18d4.cloudfront.ne...89e6/images/custom/rpoCodes.pdf?cb=1497380755
There were a couple items that I'd like to learn more about:
UEI - GPS 1
UPF - wireless - short range - voice rec
Can anybody shed any light on what those might be? There were also five "R" codes that are on the sticker but are not listed at the site I linked to. Given the unbelievable number of possibilities I'm hoping one is a warp drive that needs a fuse and dealer flash....
Regarding fixed windows - I'd like to make at least a couple of them open/close. Any insights on what's involved there?
Looking forward to learning more here and adding what I can to the conversation.

Steve

45Kevin

Adventurer
I have a van with drivers and passenger rear side doors as well. It is a passenger van and both front side rear doors are openers.

My rear doors are not openers, but I got some rear opening rear door windows from the junk yard and I think they can easily be installed (not done yet).
It should be equally easy to to swap in opening windows in the side doors.

On the first page or two or three of this thread is a link to the RPO codes that may help you decipher what you have.

dleeallen

Adventurer
I found a site that has nearly all the RPO codes in alphabetical/numerical order that worked well for me in checking out what options were included in the build of my van:
http://d354nuoz4t18d4.cloudfront.ne...89e6/images/custom/rpoCodes.pdf?cb=1497380755
There were a couple items that I'd like to learn more about:
UEI - GPS 1
UPF - wireless - short range - voice rec
Can anybody shed any light on what those might be? There were also five "R" codes that are on the sticker but are not listed at the site I linked to. Given the unbelievable number of possibilities I'm hoping one is a warp drive that needs a fuse and dealer flash....

I suspect those are related to OnStar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4wheeldrivevan

Observer
A Question about PARTS for our AWD Chevy Express Vans, I do most of my own work on my vehicles and usually order from Amazon, Ebay and Rock Auto. None of these sites list the Chevy 1500 AWD as an option. Are most Chevy express 1500 parts the same as the Chevy express 1500 AWD Parts?

I'd like to buy new brake calipers, rotors and pads this week and want to make sure they'll fit before I hit the order button.

Choff

Adventurer
Yes, I ordered brake parts for my 2005 GMC AWD online , no diff. on brake parts for AWD
Check out R1 Concepts -great brake products, shop on line and sent to the house.

robotfist

Anyone know where the most affordable roof basket can be had for a 2010 Savana 1500? I'm looking for one of the large ones in the following style:

Attachments

• Chevrolet-Quigley-4x4-Sema-van.jpg
    Chevrolet-Quigley-4x4-Sema-van.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 57

drsmonkey

Observer
A Question about PARTS for our AWD Chevy Express Vans, I do most of my own work on my vehicles and usually order from Amazon, Ebay and Rock Auto. None of these sites list the Chevy 1500 AWD as an option. Are most Chevy express 1500 parts the same as the Chevy express 1500 AWD Parts?

I'd like to buy new brake calipers, rotors and pads this week and want to make sure they'll fit before I hit the order button.

When you order your parts know that there are two sizes of brakes available for these vans. I'm not sure when the split happened, or if it is based on cargo vs passenger vans. I have an '08 cargo with the smaller brakes, but also have a 2014 passenger with bigger rotors and calipers at work. The passenger van has 17" alloy wheels, mine has 16" steels so I suspect bigger wheels might be required.

When mine needs new brakes I plan to swap to the larger rotors and calipers and 17" wheels to help with braking the bigger tires and increased weight. I've looked up the different parts #'s for rotors, calipers, and pads at one point to confirm using a combo of dealer parts website and rock auto, but didn't save them anywhere. Also note that converting may require a new dust shield or trimming the old one.

If I get around to doing the conversion I'll update here, as I just have never had time to update my build thread.

TeleSteve

Adventurer
When you order your parts know that there are two sizes of brakes available for these vans. I'm not sure when the split happened, or if it is based on cargo vs passenger vans. I have an '08 cargo with the smaller brakes, but also have a 2014 passenger with bigger rotors and calipers at work. The passenger van has 17" alloy wheels, mine has 16" steels so I suspect bigger wheels might be required.

When mine needs new brakes I plan to swap to the larger rotors and calipers and 17" wheels to help with braking the bigger tires and increased weight. I've looked up the different parts #'s for rotors, calipers, and pads at one point to confirm using a combo of dealer parts website and rock auto, but didn't save them anywhere. Also note that converting may require a new dust shield or trimming the old one.

If I get around to doing the conversion I'll update here, as I just have never had time to update my build thread.
I have a 2010 and 16" wheels do not fit so the change is after 2008 and before 2010.

4wheeldrivevan

Observer
I put these red brake calipers on my 2004 Chevey Express AWD 10/8/2018 and they fit fine and work as advertised:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Red-Brake-Calipers-and-Ceramic-Pads-2003-2006-CHEVY-TAHOE-SUBURBAN-2WD/283059370168?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The calipers that were on it were both locked up from neglect sitting for four months, rust and age.

I also had a Key lift installed by a garage that did not know what they were doing. They adjusted them to the max ride height and are bottomed against the stops, Plenty of UP travel, but NO down. Time to get some new upper control arms built for trucks with a 2" key lift like these ones and quit letting garages do work that I can do better myself...
Upper Control Arms for trucks with key lifts

Scotty D

Still no aftermarket carpet kit available for these vans. Surely it must mean that the older kit still fits with some minor alterations right?
2003 to 2014 is just a huge market to not be served at all .
Has anyone ever tried this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz