GM fullsize AWD Van Info thread

DbqDude

Other than a custom full length rack with a fairing, an ikamper and a cargo box.....nothing!

Well I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the wind noise isn't from the van design then. Lol. Best of luck getting the rack and gear to be aerodynamic and quiet. I need to make a small deflector for my leading solar panel and hope that cuts the wind noise. Only other option is plenty of kilmat and insulation in the walls and ceiling.

Scotty D

How many sliding door handles have you guys gone through?
I am up to about one every two years.
I also have to push on the door near the rear latch to get the thing to open
Any tips on adjusting it ?
Finding a new one in mexico is gonna suck

whith

How many sliding door handles have you guys gone through?
I am up to about one every two years.
I also have to push on the door near the rear latch to get the thing to open
Any tips on adjusting it ?
Finding a new one in mexico is gonna suck

I’ve broken two, one to be fair was when the door was frozen shut and it was the first time I realized how fragile they could be. I replaced it and the new one broke after about a year so I just fixed it. I ended up drilling out the part that breaks and reinforcing it with some metal bits and it’s held up. Sorry wish I could remember what I did or even better taken pictures but I didn’t. I have 5 kids...it gets worked so I’m happy.

As per Willsfree suggestion wanted to include a link to my Savana AWD for sale!

Cliff notes... 2012 Savana 1500 5.3L HIGH ROOF with flares for SIDE SLEEPING, AWD ready to rock and roll! Please DM me if you know anyone that is interested... asking $16.9 k OBO ready to sell her asap...

Also its a cool build IMO if anyone has questions :))

Attachments

• IMG_2411.jpg
    IMG_2411.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2417.jpg
    IMG_2417.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2423.jpg
    IMG_2423.jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2428.jpg
    IMG_2428.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2429.jpg
    IMG_2429.jpg
    650.9 KB · Views: 52
Weathertech Rain/Wind Deflectors are the bomb...ride the highway with the windows cracked; fresh air amid rain/wind...keep the windows cracked when parked, super tint can't tell window is down. Super solid installation. No adhesive needed.

My passenger side fell off and shattered after 8 months installed. They don't want to warrenty it. I am about to try again just saying it cracked. But I am currently very unhappy with them.

whith

My passenger side fell off and shattered after 8 months installed. They don't want to warrenty it. I am about to try again just saying it cracked. But I am currently very unhappy with them.

I like Weather tech products but these didn't work for me. The fit was off from the beginning so I sent them back. I've had AVS ones for several years and they fit perfectly and work as expected. No issues.

Shane Mulligan

As per Willsfree suggestion wanted to include a link to my Savana AWD for sale!

Cliff notes... 2012 Savana 1500 5.3L HIGH ROOF with flares for SIDE SLEEPING, AWD ready to rock and roll! Please DM me if you know anyone that is interested... asking $16.9 k OBO ready to sell her asap...

Also its a cool build IMO if anyone has questions :))

Hey did you make those flares??

stevets

I'm trying to fit my 2013 AWD Express so that it can tow a good sized trailer and have questions.

1. Does the Z85 RPO code mean anything? lots of gm truck info out there that seems to suggest a trans cooler and oil cooler would be part of that but I have neither ( unless they're behind the radiator and I can't see them). I do have a 7 pin connector and the factory class 2 hitch but no brake controller.

2. Any concerns with transfer case cooling on AWD when towing?

3. Trans cooler always seems like a good idea to me. Is it worth the money and trouble to install one?

Any experience or towing related information is most welcome!

whith

I don’t have any experience towing with an AWD 1500 model but I would seriously consider lower gearing if you’re headed that direction. How heavy are you talking?

The trans cooler, at least on the HD models, looks like an oversized pipe cleaner positioned down in front of the radiator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke