GM/Chevy Rear Tire Carrier

straker101

Observer
Looking for a rear tire carrier for my 09 Savana. Unfortunately Aluminess stopped making the Chevy carriers and its not in the budget to purchase their full rear bumper with tire carrier right now.
Thoughts/suggestions?

Aluminess

Observer
Aluminess ready to make a batch of Chevy tire carriers!

It seems like as soon as we made the decision to discontinue, we got a flood of requests. We are going to build a group to sell and gauge interest again. Please give us a call and we can take your order!

iridewheelies

Adventurer
I asked to make me some last year and was told they just discontinued them. This is great, the Chevy GMC awd seems to be getting much more popular with the van camper builders.

I was hoping to get one for each side so I could have my spare tire and a large kitchen box but keep the factory bumper.

Aluminess - Is this offer only for one side or could I get right and left side swingouts?

Aluminess

Observer
I asked to make me some last year and was told they just discontinued them. This is great, the Chevy GMC awd seems to be getting much more popular with the van camper builders.

I was hoping to get one for each side so I could have my spare tire and a large kitchen box but keep the factory bumper.

Aluminess - Is this offer only for one side or could I get right and left side swingouts?

Due to weight limitations on the stand alone arm, we only make it for the one side to hold a tire. The weight limit on the arm is 80 pounds, so once you put a box at around 35-40 pounds, then you can't put much of anything in the box. If you want to carry a box and a tire then it is best to go with our full replacement bumper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94