GM air ride air pump conversion??

hpierce301

Adventurer
so, i have an escalade with air ride, and the air shocks are shot. i am planning to take them off and go with an arnott conversion kit (normal springs, shocks and a electric component so i don't get a service air ride code)

so the air pump would still be there. does anyone know if this could be converted to an on board air pump?

and yes, and escalade is not the typical off road vehicle, but i'm not looking to go rock climbing. just to the beach. and once i'm back on pavement, it'd be nice to have on board air to pump the tires back up. and a pump is already there, right?

WrenchMonkey

Mechanical Animal
Air shocks use a very, very small volume of air. Since that's all the pump is designed for, I think it'll be terribly undersized for any OBA setup...

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
Those systems aren’t exactly noted for their reliability. Asking that compressor to air up tires would be more of an emergency measure than something I would want to routinely depend upon.

CampStewart

Observer
I would only attempt to use that to air up a tire in a dire emergency. It is only designed to run a few seconds at a time as previously mentioned. Aside from being painfully slow it will overheat and self destruct in short order.

Trailblazers and Envoys came with a 10' hose/gauge and utilized the factory rear air system for tire inflation. The kits are occasionally found on ebay...... probably not too difficult to replumb the pump to supply the hose.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-On-Boar...ilblazer-SS-/183053536924?hash=item2a9ed74e9c

Has anyone every set one of those air systems up on another GM vehicle? Never heard of that before, can't seem to find a compressor on ebay from the TB either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior