Gloves! Who has a good wind/water resistant one with dexterity?

Bhos

Adventurer
Looking at getting gloves with some dexterity, some warmth and protection from the elements. Ideally, it will have sufficient feel/dexterity for shooting, so not looking at a ski glove type design. I've noticed UA has an operator glove, but do not know much about it. Thanks.

summerprophet

Adventurer
If money is less of a consideration than most, try on some modern ice climbing gloves. Quite warm, moderately waterproof, and the dexterity and longevity is absolutely incredible. You certainly pay for the luxury though. The generally start at around $120, and go upward from there.

keezer37

Explorer
I've got Heritage Work Gloves. They've got a variety of nice gloves depending on your specific needs. Your not picking up any dimes with these but they got a good fit, stretch tops are just right. A bit thick for shooting but they've got plenty of other winter gloves to choose from.
I found Geier Glove shortly after and would really like to try a pair. Just don't need anymore gloves. The Deerskin Wool Lined are the warmest as per the proprietor.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Outdoor Research is my preferred glove maker. I have a variety of their gloves for ice climbing, skiing, etc. Few make better gloves. Second might be Black Diamond Equipment. Or, the one glove I use most are Marmot Work Gloves. Awesome.

squatch

Adventurer
OR gloves are Nice so are Black Diamond, But i don't leave my Montana home without my Kincos winter Work gloves.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I like the Duluth gloves but they look similar to mechanix gloves. I been thru many store brought gloves that are similar and they are start to come apart at the finger tips after several light duty work.

I love to find a pair that can actually stay together. The material of all my gloves are all still good but sucks the stitching comes apart.

Anyone have this problem and find a pAir that can last till the fabric is worn out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
My problem is usually with size; few brands come in 3XL. The Duluth 2XLs are sized for long fingers.
The Masleys are made for the military. Fireproof, waterproof, warm shooting gloves. Sounds like overlanding material.

vwhammer

Adventurer
I have had a pair of these for nearly 2 years now.
http://www.amazon.com/Gore-Bike-Wea...-1&keywords=gore+bike+wear+windstopper+gloves

They are starting to wear thin at the seams (no loose stitching or holes but the material is wearing out) and the light padding in the palm is getting a little beat but I still love them.

They are windproof and water resistant and offer some very light insulation.

I have worn them on my motorcycle and on my bicycle in temps as low as 25 or 30 and they work pretty good for short distances.
30 to 35 and they are good for an hour or so outside.
Beyond 35 and they are good indefinitely.
They will surprise you for as thin as they are.

Since they are so thin the dexterity does not suffer too much

I was totally bummed recently when I thought I had lost them.
I was also totally going to buy another identical pair but luckily the old ones popped up so I am going to wear'em 'til the wheels come off.

I also have a pair of the Duluth Gauntlet work gloves and they are just not very flexible and it does seem the fingers are needlessly long.
I thought they might flex more after they broke in but I have used them pretty hard for about 3 months now and they don't seem to be loosening up any.
However they are pretty warm and good for just wearing and walking.

teginder81

Had the Taku from REI for over 3 years now...kept me
cozy on Whitney in winter (Mar 1 climb)..

it is a waterproof shell with sweat zips, hood and deep pockets for
hat, gloves..etc

I use with various NF liners and underjackets depending on season and temps..

rei.com/product/786836

aaen

Adventurer
I'm a big fan of the seal skin dragon gloves. Water proof, great dexterity, can use a touchscreen(great for us folks who work in the field). Although they are probably not as durable as other brands. I've gotten a year out of mine and they have been heavily used starting to fray in a few spots. Along the seams but still bone dry.

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles