Gladiator to get Wrangler 4xe Plug-in Hybrid Drivetrain

dstock

Explorer
Not available to order yet. I'm interested, though.

Kelly's just messing with me! I'm fully interested too. Wrangler 4xe build and price just went live recently but I figure we are months away from actually being able to order the Gladiator version.

Jurfie

Adventurer
Ah, I see!

I think a Gladiator 4xe is perfect for my needs; my commute is short enough to use full EV, and the range with the 2.0T makes it a good long-distance vehicle. I've read a lot of good things from 2.0T Wrangler owners about how well it performs off road. I admit I balked at a 4-banger in a Jeep, but this ain't no YJ 2.5L.

375 horsepower, 470 pound-feet of instant torque and 400 miles of range? Yes please.

dstock

Explorer
Ah, I see!

I think a Gladiator 4xe is perfect for my needs; my commute is short enough to use full EV, and the range with the 2.0T makes it a good long-distance vehicle. I've read a lot of good things from 2.0T Wrangler owners about how well it performs off road. I admit I balked at a 4-banger in a Jeep, but this ain't no YJ 2.5L.

375 horsepower, 470 pound-feet of instant torque and 400 miles of range? Yes please.

Yes. yes and yes!! Right there with you!

MarcusBrody

Ah, I see!

Yep, this is basically the perfect vehicle in my mind for my current needs. Like you I can likely do my commute on full electric then use the gas engine for my long distance desert adventures while getting better mileage than the standard jeep. With a kid and dog taking up the second row, the Wrangler Unlimited isn't quite big enough for our gear for longer family camping trips without sticking a lot on the roof. The Gladiator's 5 foot bed (maybe with a topper) would give us just a bit more space than our current small van, and it would be convenient to throw the bikes over the tailgate for local riding. Plus, there are roads out there that I hesitate to take the van down that a Jeep opens up. I drove an old 2.5 4 Cyl TJ, so I'm sure this thing would feel like a rocket.

Guess I'll start to have saving my pennies. I do hope that it comes out while there is still the full tax credit available.

camodog

Adventurer
I posted in the other 4XE thread, but I have to say, I am excited about all the people that are interested in this option.
For a while I thought I was alone.

I would love love love a 400 mile range without an aux tank or stopping for rotopax refills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94