Gladiator Pop-Up Pass Through Camper Build

Mules

I glued some leftover carpet to the foam rubber floor mats. This should make them last longer.

0F059AB0-EC21-4097-8FB8-FF689107DF31.jpegA332D510-F821-4B0D-B1E0-1D1F62424A96.jpeg

1000arms

Beautiful weekend for the woods. It didn’t get cold enough for heat last night though.

View attachment 748536
:unsure: ... Cinder blocks? ... Are you camping on your front lawn? ... :cool:

Looks good! Enjoy! :)
I call this camp site "Sugar Bush". Here's a video of my son and friend boiling maple syrup there, a few years back. It's on a 300ft. bluff, overlooking the Meramec River.

Okay, with maple syrup involved, the cinder blocks are excused! :cool:

I suspect many of us on ExPo would enjoy having a front lawn like that! :)

1000arms

I'd love it for my front lawn also. I'd like to build a cabin there someday. It's about as good of a view as you can get in Missouri.

View attachment 748967
I can understand wanting to put a cabin there, but, the way you build things, you might want to consider designing and building a lightweight pop-up/out camper "cabin" that you could use in other places too.

Maybe put an outhouse on site, designed to handle dumping your "tanks" in to it?

Mules

I like the look of a butcher block counter for the camper's kitchen, but It's hard to find the right size, and getting a large piece is pretty expensive. I decided to try building the counter out of some left over oak flooring I had. I'm glueing together some pieces and will cut to size later.

IMG_7556.JPG

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
About your heating question... check these out.

I have seen these and they are a slick solution. I know people using both the portable Planar and the built in 2D and they are super reliable and robust solutions. Yes you can go the cheaper brands, but they can be a crapshoot. Andreas over at Expedition Upfitter can answer all or any of your questions...super nice guy.

Keep in mind that the prices listed are in CAD (they were for me) and the CAD/USD rate is VERY favorable for you folks south of the border. heh

Mules

Sometimes mistakes turn out great. To save a few bucks on my build, I ordered one of those open box deals from Amazon. I thought I was buying a $50 sink. Looks like I got a $150 sink instead. Nice sink!

IMG_7571 2.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior