Gladiator Pop-Up Pass Through Camper Build

dstefan

Now that’s some light weight drawers!
They definitely are. You’d be surprised at how sturdy they are, though. We left the latch on the top drawer in the camper un-done this last trip and it got tossed on the floor fully loaded. Zero damage or distortion. Just loaded it back up and it slid back in place.

wild1

Adventurer
Your camper turned out amazing, it would be great if there was a commercial product that combined all the attributes that come with the pass through design on the Gladiator platform. For storage we need a highly modular setup since our Gladiator is not a dedicated camper and the back has to be convertible in minutes for a variety of tasks. Our bench/storage consists of 4 Plano Sportsman’s containers that fit perfectly from ground to back. They are super sturdy, quite weather resistant and dirt cheap. These were on sale for 15 dollars apiece. They are made to stack so you could easily double stack them to really maximize your storage. Not as cool as a full built in system but way more versatile.8BA05C6B-DB9F-462E-8950-73BE3758D37A.jpeg8BA05C6B-DB9F-462E-8950-73BE3758D37A.jpeg

Mules

Your camper turned out amazing, it would be great if there was a commercial product that combined all the attributes that come with the pass through design on the Gladiator platform. For storage we need a highly modular setup since our Gladiator is not a dedicated camper and the back has to be convertible in minutes for a variety of tasks. Our bench/storage consists of 4 Plano Sportsman’s containers that fit perfectly from ground to back. They are super sturdy, quite weather resistant and dirt cheap. These were on sale for 15 dollars apiece. They are made to stack so you could easily double stack them to really maximize your storage. Not as cool as a full built in system but way more versatile.View attachment 730020View attachment 730020
Nice simple idea, and I love the dimensions of the seat and table. The engineer in me usually gets carried away and overkills design. My original idea was to keep it simple and light enough to change back to a truck. After all, the reason I love the gladiator is that it's the Swiss Army Knife of Vehicles. It's a Convertible, a Hardtop, a serious 4x4, a truck, my daily commuter, and now a camper.

My hope is that the interior will be light, modular and be able to be removed in minutes. There are endless possibilities, but in terms of light, I keep coming back to a aluminum tube design with storage boxes/bags like pictured below.

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 11.30.15 AM.png

Last edited:

Mules

Your camper turned out amazing, it would be great if there was a commercial product that combined all the attributes that come with the pass through design on the Gladiator platform. For storage we need a highly modular setup since our Gladiator is not a dedicated camper and the back has to be convertible in minutes for a variety of tasks. Our bench/storage consists of 4 Plano Sportsman’s containers that fit perfectly from ground to back. They are super sturdy, quite weather resistant and dirt cheap. These were on sale for 15 dollars apiece. They are made to stack so you could easily double stack them to really maximize your storage. Not as cool as a full built in system but way more versatile.View attachment 730020View attachment 730020
I forgot about my Kobalt plastic totes. They make great benches/tables at the camp sit. I bring them skiing and roll them right into the condo. Who needs furniture:)

D4FF1CAF-08A1-44E8-9F93-86ACECFAA3B8.jpeg2F417028-D5EF-48B8-8454-E17CDA8B0367.jpeg1E37D77F-4C37-4974-A98C-67DCE7DB7170.jpeg

Last edited:

wild1

Adventurer
I forgot about my Kobalt plastic totes. They make great benches/tables at the camp sit. I bring them skiing and roll them right into the condo. Who needs furniture:)

View attachment 730287View attachment 730288View attachment 730289
I love containers for furniture, they are so versatile and modular. I often double stack a medium Plano box on top a long one to create a step ladder to get stuff on top of the truck. So nice to have pre packed containers for all our different activities.

Mules

Darn, I might have to drag out the sewing machine again to make those bags☹

A11E8FDE-AB25-4351-BA62-B0C509127008.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mog

Mules

Two steps forward, one step back. Remind me not to use acrylic for windows any more. I cracked the back hatch ?

The acrylic is great for scratch resistance, but it likes to crack and is hard to machine.

I ordered a sheet of polycarbonate (Lexan). Much stronger and easier to machine than acrylic, but not as scratch resistant. This sets me back a few weeks.

IMG_6679.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles