Gladiator Pop-Up Pass Through Camper Build

1000arms

Alright, I'm a bit skeptical, but a friend on another forum has been using these for a couple years and suggested them. Here's a video on a 180watt 12v pan frying a burger. The jury is out.

Many people have used 100 watt light bulbs under a sink to prevent freezing pipes on especially cold nights, people usually choose to avoid touching a 100 watt light bulb that has been on for a bit, and the Easy-bake Oven used to use a 100 watt light bulb, but I suspect that you will find the 12 volt appliances you posted woefully under-powered in your Jon boat, never mind outside in the wind.

Mules

I finally found my 12v car cooker for only $3.95! Hot dogs are on me :ROFLMAO:

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 7.20.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 7.21.43 PM.png

Last edited:

zgfiredude

We may be missing something obvious here......route the exhaust up along the counter top.....get the catalytic converter in a good spot and you can cook whatever you feel like! We can call it the Car-B-Que Deluxe...patent pending of course.

:D

Mules

It's hard to believe this overlanding oven is only 100 watts?! Looks like the Easy Bake Oven has grown up.

Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 8.16.41 PM.png

Last edited:

ITTOG

If you decide to bring a generator (or inverter and battery pack), make sure to also bring at least one "Retro Hot Dog Toaster". :cool:

You should probably bring an extension cord so the bears can use it while you sleep in your Jon boat. :)
I should buy that for my rig given I rarely cook.

well… thank you very much. I got ZERO work done today due to this amazing build. If I get fired I’ll blame you ?

Man this is a well executed build. impressive skills man.

Re camp stove: I have a an Optimus vega I really like. Crazy small and light. Plenty of power. Mixed reviews about oring leaking and poor low flame adjustability. mine leaks a little more fuel than I’d like screwing the bottles on. But nothing crazy. And low simmer is perfect. https://www.katadyngroup.com/us/en/8018505-optimus-vega~p6890

Mules

I'm continuing to look into low voltage and low wattage cooking appliances. Here's a video on a 500 watt stove working on a Jackery 500. I'm trying to find a 300 to 400 watt stove, since my truck has a built in 400watt inverter. It would be nice to go camping without a generator, power supply, or propane.

Mules

Finally found a couple tea kettles. One is 120v, 300watt and the other is 12v, 150watt. Both will work in my Gladiator with my engine running, either plugged in my cigarette lighter outlet or the back seat 400 watt, 120 volt built in inverter.

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 10.06.48 AM.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles