Gladiator - Good/Bad?

DRAX

What’s funny is he is right. History has shown all things equal a Chrysler is a turd compared to a Toyota when it comes to quality. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t buy a gladiator though.

If you say so. I've owned probably a couple of dozen Chrysler/FCA vehicles over the decades and I never had broken crankshafts or frames that rusted out from underneath the truck. ;) They've actually all been solid, reliable vehicles. 4WD also engaged reliably and consistently as well. Same with the e-lockers. ;)

So, let's just not.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
If you say so. I've owned probably a couple of dozen Chrysler/FCA vehicles over the decades and I never had broken crankshafts or frames that rusted out from underneath the truck. ;) They've actually all been solid, reliable vehicles. 4WD also engaged reliably and consistently as well. Same with the e-lockers. ;)

So, let's just not.
I’m glad they’ve treated you well, I’ve owned a new jeep and enjoyed it also. Bottom line when it comes to reliability- Toyotas are just better. For sample size I am talking about the entire Earth.

DRAX

So is are the F150's with either the 2.7, 3.5 or 5.0 off the radar now? Looking more so at Gladiators?

Interesting that the OP is cross-shopping the 2, they're very different. I don't know the OP's vehicle history or what their intended use for the vehicle is, but I'll caution anyone that hasn't owned a Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator before to please listen to your gut in terms of how they drive and if you can live with it for how you intend to use it. Gladiators are dang cool and capable, but if you find the wind noise or ride/handling to be annoying on a short drive just think about living with it daily or on long drives. That's ultimately what drove me to get rid of my last Wrangler, it was not a relaxing drive and I avoided going on any drives that were more than an hour on the freeway because of the noise and twitchiness from crosswinds. That was a JKUR, though, and not a JL. The JL/JT are supposed to be better but I still hear people complain about them still being very Jeepy. My JKUR was my 6th(?) Jeep (XJ, CJ-2a, CJ-7, XJ, YJ, JKUR) Jeep so I'm not new to Jeeps in the least.

If my current truck were to give up the ghost today...that would be tough. I'd probably go with a gently-used Colorado ZR2 today. If it happened next year then there's no question, I'd go with either the new 2023 Colorado ZR2 or the Canyon AT4X.

I have a 2020 Jeep gladiator and have had several other jeeps . I have 60 k on the gladiator. Running 37s suspension lift rebel rack and GFC ultra-light rtt I have had no problems. MY second battery start stop light went on for months ago I have done nothing about it and can't tell any difference The thing is when it comes to Jeeps there is always support. tons of aftermarket They are pretty easy to work on and In my opinion as reliable as anything out there.

Attachments

• IMG_2827 2.jpeg
    IMG_2827 2.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 37
  • 86A7908E-50C8-414E-83E8-8E8D5A09E924_1_105_c.jpeg
    86A7908E-50C8-414E-83E8-8E8D5A09E924_1_105_c.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 37

D45

Explorer
Just looking for options in the 4 door market

My girlfriend has a 392 Wrangler and the backseat has decent room

The bed space on the gladiator was much more than I had expected

3.6L V6
285 hp @ 6400 rpm
260 tq @ 440p rpm

3.0L V6 Diesel
260hp @ 3600 rpm
442 tq @ 1400 rpm

Payload is good at 1,600 pounds and towing is up to 7,650 pounds

I thought there was a turbo 4 cyl engine option?

Jc1986.carter

3.6L V6
285 hp @ 6400 rpm
260 tq @ 440p rpm

3.0L V6 Diesel
260hp @ 3600 rpm
442 tq @ 1400 rpm

Not on the gladiator, only on the wrangler

FYI, I have about 50k on a 2020 gladiator rubicon 6spd with 35s. A regear would be great so would a new clutch. Those two aren’t necessary for what I do, but just items that I would think would push it over the ledge from good to great.

I’m currently in Germany, and when I first got here I had planned on selling the gladiator to buy a gwagen or defender. Looking at what you get for the price point I couldn’t justify them Over the gladiator. Don’t get me wrong a 460 gwagen is great but… I own the Jeep and parts are way easier to find no matter where you are.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

3.6L V6
285 hp @ 6400 rpm
260 tq @ 440p rpm

3.0L V6 Diesel
260hp @ 3600 rpm
442 tq @ 1400 rpm

The payload and tow rating will depend on the trim and drive train. What are you using this truck for?

amenges45

We've told a 4500 lb conqueror trailer all over. The damn US with one. Always got us everywhere we wanted to go and I mean everywhere. Don't count on the electronics.. we've had problems with that. Overall. I'd buy it again but definitely not a Jeep person. It's underpowered on the highway but adequate, really good off road and the lockers work has expected. Expected. It's a good truck depending on your use. It's loud inside. This is about expedition though and not creature comforts necessarily for us. It's awesome and you can hose it out when you're done with it. What I trusted around the planet? ******* no. Toyota for that put the majority of people on this forum really venture out of the continental. United States are off of forest service roads. Anyway. It's great for cars and coffee by the way.... Not that we go to that because they don't like a smoking cigarettes and drinking whiskey in the morning. The hell do they have cars and coffee for anyway if you can't have a drink? And a cigarette? I don't understand this world... People just want to keep you from having fun all over the place. At any rate by the damn truck you want and quit relying on other people's opinions is really they're just a matter of b******* anyway. Enjoy your purchase and make it your own and ******* everybody else.

amenges45

We've told a 4500 lb conqueror trailer all over. The damn US with one. Always got us everywhere we wanted to go and I mean everywhere. Don't count on the electronics.. we've had problems with that. Overall. I'd buy it again but definitely not a Jeep person. It's underpowered on the highway but adequate, really good off road and the lockers work has expected. Expected. It's a good truck depending on your use. It's loud inside. This is about expedition though and not creature comforts necessarily for us. It's awesome and you can hose it out when you're done with it. What I trusted around the planet? ******* no. Toyota for that put the majority of people on this forum really venture out of the continental. United States are off of forest service roads. Anyway. It's great for cars and coffee by the way.... Not that we go to that because they don't like a smoking cigarettes and drinking whiskey in the morning. The hell do they have cars and coffee for anyway if you can't have a drink? And a cigarette? I don't understand this world... People just want to keep you from having fun all over the place. At any rate by the damn truck you want and quit relying on other people's opinions is really they're just a matter of b******* anyway. Enjoy your purchase and make it your own and ******* everybody else.
Almost forgot... Hard to use a chainsaw if you don't know how to use it. Just a random thought. And don't travel with primates. They're messy, unruly and impossible to train

amenges45

Almost forgot... Hard to use a chainsaw if you don't know how to use it. Just a random thought. And don't travel with primates. They're messy, unruly and impossible to train
One more rant. Next time you're out exploring on a Forest service road or some place in the continental United States. Remember the Forest service or some agency/ volunteer was probably there the previous week with a lowest bidder winning government truck..with street tires on it. They were hacking that path and cleaning up after nature lovers so all of us could drive through there and quote"explore" .... My thanks and my heart go out to the forest service and volunteers on public lands picking up after the children. Put that in this community's collective timbo tusk scottle or whatever and smoke it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles