Gitout.com - Ultimate Expedition Build - 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
There are a bunch from sierra challenge 2015 on youtube and on gitout.com

loremordred

Observer
This.... So much of this..... Thanks so much for your posts.

I've been looking for rear bumper mods and lift, this is exactly what I was looking for my Monty.

Is it custom fab work or did you order it?

Could also use info on gas tank tuck/lift

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

montypower

Adventure Time!
It was custom built by Joe @ Journey Off Road.

Gas tank is in stock location. It has custom skid to that also protects the carbon driveshaft ($$$). Protect the tank! I had to replace mine after damaging it. Much cheaper to get a skid. :)

I also had 3.15 Tcase gears (not installed). Hopefully, my cousin will get them in there. He may be willing to sell the Aux Tank (new never opened imported from LRA).

These are great trucks! Look forward to seeing more 3rd Gen Monteros being built.

FullMonte

Adventurer
Hey Pete, if your cousin doesn't want the the t case gears I'll take them off his hand

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

raysobi

Adventurer
Never get bored reading your thread, beautiful build and awesome adventures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

nocensorbo

Observer
reading about mpg has me thinking something might be up with my montero. I cant even get that stock with a 255/75/17 out of it. These MAS get dirty easy? might pull mine tomorrow to take a look....about o run mine to colorado and do alpine loop and maybe black bear if not imogene pass. I been thinking about selling it as i felt it didnt have good mpg/power and the route of wanting to sleeping inside for awhile has me going back to a van. But damn does that bumper look good.

montypower

Adventure Time!
When vehicles get over 10yrs old there are many factors to will drop fuel economy. Mine was completely gone through. Every sensor, injectors rebuilt, new heads, plugs, wires... Synthetic fluids. Yes, mass air flow sensor can get dirty (use proper cleaner). Typically, you notice poor performance, hesitation or CEL. Also, how you drive makes a huge difference!

These trucks are plenty big to sleep inside. One or two people is ideal.

Last edited:

Igorskiy86

Observer
You have built and excellent vehicle, lots of great ideas. I am curious to know if you had to trim your arb bumper so that it does not rub when suspension is moving? If you had to trim, and have pictures of a close up of the bumper corner please post them, I need to do some trimming to accommodate my 295 75 16 tires and looking for ideas.

montypower

Adventure Time!
Yes, I cut the ARB bumper. Front fenders were cut, rolled and welded to gain another 1" + clearance. It was necessary for the 35" tires. Not required for the 34x10.5s it has now. I just cut the bumper in line with the fender. I was going to have a flange welded on the cut edge but never did.

14.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94