Getting water into tank

One thing I like to do is plan ahead. So several years ago I purchased a bucket with sealable threaded top with O ring for laundry on the go and a Little Giant 110v pump. It turns out that in Russia and Mongolia gas stations with water hoses are nonexistent. People largely get water from "water houses" or outdoor pumps and fill 25 to 50L jugs.
We would have been SOL without these two items since the fillers for our tanks is flush to the camper body about 7-8 feet high.

Charlie

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Ive had similar situations, with water spigots with non-standard threads, or no threads at all for hose attachment.

One reason why I like to install a secondary water fill on the counter-top.

Makes filling with gallon jugs a snap. Can even fill from a bucket if you use a funnel.

You can see it in this shot, next to the custom copper faucet

chassis255.jpg

madmax718

Explorer
they make the universal RV water tank filler. Its literally like a rubber sleeve and you just push it on over the threads. Wouldnt help much if your getting it from a water pump though.

emanuelmaruio

There are motors which are setup in every house, which is using over-head tanks.
1) there could be a storage tank in ground floor where all the supplied water is stored for time being.
2) there could be a underground borewell to access underground water. Water from underground well is sent to over head tanks using a motor. visit here (essayguardian.com) for term papers.

Iain_U1250

Explorer
I have a 15 lt stainless steel bucket and a 12v submersible pump. The pump is strong enough to pump through the a couple of filters so we have clean water going into the tank, just in case we have to fill up from a rainwater tank. We have a couple of 10lt square buckets that we can use to ferry the water into the bigger bucket to speed things up. We have not had to use it in Australia, as we have always been able to find town water, but have tried it out in the workshop, and whilst slow, it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94