Gerry the G Wagon Trip Home

nbutze

No, 22.4 mpg was my average.

At this page you will find specs with MPG published rates in both metric and imperial

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
My comment was wishful thinking on my part and an attempt at humor... not picking at or challenging your numbers.

paachi

No, 22.4 mpg was my average.

At this page you will find specs with MPG published rates in both metric and imperial
I am so envious of the mpg. I barely manage to crack 16 on a long trip in my OM606 G. Increasing range is one of my main goals

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MTVR

I don't think it's "G-Wagon", I think it's "G-Wagen" (short for Geländewagen)...

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
I don't think it's "G-Wagon", I think it's "G-Wagen" (short for Geländewagen)...
It is expressed four ways (typically)
G-Class: Mercedes Classification
Geländewagen (translated: "cross-country vehicle", and how all of the "G" indicated started)
G-Wagen: German identifier
G-Wagon: English identifier

RBBailey

Observer
How do you get that engine into the USA? Looking for GWagen now, and would love to narrow down the model/engine choices.

nbutze

How do you get that engine into the USA? Looking for GWagen now, and would love to narrow down the model/engine choices.
It can be done, but it takes a year and a good chunk of change. It really depends on what you are interested in doing, and what your budget is. Feel free to reach out if you are interested in a G like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles