Geo Tracker parts compatibility

I recently purchased A 1996 Tracker from a colleague with minor body damage. I was wondering if a bumper,grill, and fender and headlight from a four door sidekick or tracker will fit a two door model?

vanroth

Observer
The 2 door and 4 door models have different bumper mounts (as well as pre-96 and 96-98 models). The plastic bumper skins are interchangeable regardless of year, but have to be matched to the right grill (there are probably a dozen or more grill combos).

ZOR has some inexpensive aftermarket bumpers that you could check out as well.

I have only positive things to say about Trackicks, but their frames are not the strongest in the world (nor do they need to be). If there is any front end damage, the frame is very likely tweaked. I'd check the squareness of the front end and make sure nothing is out of whack.

-vanroth

I have a '96 2 door and really like it. Put 100k miles or better on it (even pulled a $80k+ sandcar out in the dunes once that got stuck) over 10 or so years. Never let me down.
I also have some of ZOR's products for my samurai, and can say that they make very nice stuff, especially for the price. I dont care for the obscene product names, but the product themselves are very high quality.
DSCN0146.jpg(poser shot)

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
TealTerrorFlexingsm_zpsd2368028.jpg

I've got a '95 two-door Sidekick, too. I agree with all points previously made (including the frame bits).

I am running a 2" spring lift from BDS with Old Man Emu front Nitrocharger struts. I've got 161,000 miles on mine (30,000 of which I put on), and it's been a great little rig. Super reliable, not bad on fuel, and a great size. I have 235/75/15 tires on mine and a rear Lock Right locker, too. I even tow a trailer with mine, although the trailer very light.

1275138_10152741005314851_7070265318595925664_o_zpsbc22a185.jpg

A great looking rig, for an east coast rig it is the perfect size. I checked the frame and it is fine. I have sourced a grille and headlight and a quick removal off the bumper and some appalachian engineering it should be complete. The rig has complete maintainence records and is pretty rust free. It has been parked for over seven months, any tips concerning the starting of a vehicle that has sat for a extended period? I enjoy your blog and love the trailer.

I have the Calmini lift on my '96. Heard good and bad about them on the internet before I bought. I am happy with the system. The only advice on this lift is to be sure and check the tightness of the adjuster nut on the rear suspension 'wishbone' where it mounts to the top of diff. Mine worked loose and I didn't know until it was making so much noise I couldn't miss it. had to replaced the parts. also, the front springs were replaced after about 4 years because they sagged pretty badly.
Small and light is a good combination, and I think Suzuki did it right with the Tracker/Sidekick (I would love to drive a new Samurai with the coil spring suspension though! Wish we got them here....)

captwoody

Adventurer
01 tracker

remember in 99 trackers changed generations so some parts fit gen 1 and some dont. here a pic of my 01 it has 96 tracker 5.12 gears
179673-1421025416-e1b93852c06742857e79d19b055b46b5.jpg

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
Cool, that is a great looking rig ! This will be a slow build on the cheap.Anyone had any experiences with coil spring lifts ?

I have the BDS coil lift on my Sidekick. It came with new rear shocks, but not front struts. (They do include front strut extenders.) I purchased a set of Monroe replacement struts, but the strut extender wouldn't thread onto the Monroes. I ended up getting the Old Man Emu struts up front instead. I flipped the shock mount for more downtravel, and have been very happy. I am thinking of replacing the rears with the OME Nitrochargers for a better overall ride. I don't have any complaints about the BDS kit, however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94