Gen3 wheels on a gen2.5... with modifications?

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
So many of the Paj-Evos I've been bidding on have aftermarket wheels. This sucks IMHO because I really like the look of the OE O-Z wheels... but if the truck checked out otherwise, sometimes you've gotta take what you can get right? Anyways I came across a pic of this rare red paj-evo with what I swear is early gen3 6-spokes on it. I just so happen to have a set of these as summer wheels for our gen3... I think they're pretty nice looking wheels.

IMG_1324.JPG

The oe wheel is on the back, but I'm almost 100% sure that the visible LHS wheels are 01-02 gen3 alloys. So assuming I'm correct, I could have mine center-bored and be set if I ever manage to snag the right truck with so-so wheels on it... (I might have one in my sights that is sporting 18s... not my cup of tea).

The offset is possibly different with these fenders, but has anyone else successfully modded gen3 wheels to fit their gen2.5?

KyleT

Explorer
6x5.5 bolt on wheel spacers thick enough to clear the front and rear hubs is all you need, then bolt the gen 3 wheels on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesW

Adventurer
Yeah the paj evo has a smaller centre bore like the mk3, and also doesn't have the hub coming through the wheel at the front like the mk2 paj.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
Very helpful guys. Thanks! I actually found my new truck yesterday. But that requires a new thread. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior