Gen3 Montero aftermarket suspension sheet

ChrisCosta416

Attachments

• Third Generation Montero aftermarket suspension components - Sheet1.pdf
    64.9 KB · Views: 176

coffeegoat

Adventurer
How convenient, I was just thinking about finally doing my suspension upgrade based on my tax return.

I noticed you covered a wider variety than we normally see (Lovells, Kings, etc) anyone have experience with some of the less common ones? I already did the bilstein 4600 upgrade (the shocks were really bad) but I'm planning on doing springs for sure, potentially bushings and ball joints depending on how generous the government is feeling this year.

ChrisCosta416

How convenient, I was just thinking about finally doing my suspension upgrade based on my tax return.

I noticed you covered a wider variety than we normally see (Lovells, Kings, etc) anyone have experience with some of the less common ones? I already did the bilstein 4600 upgrade (the shocks were really bad) but I'm planning on doing springs for sure, potentially bushings and ball joints depending on how generous the government is feeling this year.

I currently run OME suspension on my Gen3 and I have been doing a lot of research into common Gen3 “lifts” in other countries and what works and doesn’t, all items listed here have been mentioned and reviewed a bunch of times in other countries. I myself want to buy the Koni Raid shocks eventually

plh

Explorer
nice! add these:
MR448170 Shock Mount - 2
MR455493 Upper Seat - 2
MR353211 Upper Seat Spacer -2
MR448173 Spring Seat - 2
MR374547 Lower Bushing - 2
MR374556 Cup - 2
MR448174 Lower Seat - 2
MF106152 Shock Bolt - 2
MS451115 Washer - 2
MF430124 Nut - 2
MR374546 Upper Bushing -2
MF434105 Strut Mount Nut - 6

MrGideon

Where are you seeing the the RAID shocks fit 3 gens? I'm only seeing that they fit gen 4's. Is there no difference between gen 3 and gen 4? All the parts websites I see say they don't fit our vehicle.

ChrisCosta416

Where are you seeing the the RAID shocks fit 3 gens? I'm only seeing that they fit gen 4's. Is there no difference between gen 3 and gen 4? All the parts websites I see say they don't fit our vehicle.

Gen3 and Gen4 suspension (Shocks and struts) fit either generation.

Compatible over the NM/NP/NX series.

ChrisCosta416

Attachments

• Third Generation Montero aftermarket suspension components - Sheet1.pdf
    87.2 KB · Views: 60

SONICMASD

Adventurer
Still gotta put my EXTRA heavy duty Lovells front coils on there my man; for those looking to run the full gamut of front end bling: 3+ Skids, Bigger or Dual Batteries, Bull Bar, Winch, and Rock Sliders.

CFR-90EHD

SONICMASD

Adventurer
Wow, never heard of those actually, they're not even in the Lovell's Catalog. But yeah, might as well put them on the sheet in case anyone wants to run that much weight in the rear.

mahlerous

I took sometime today to update the Gen3 Suspension sheet. It is now updated with

- More aftermarket bushings
- A few more aftermarket shocks and coils
- Upper Control Arms
- OEM parts list updated
- Revised name for Koni 82 Series shocks also known as Heavy Tracks.

I have uploaded a .pdf and excel sheet as well. @plh I missed some of yours :/ next revision!

Google link - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qfw9iLnOeMUb2PWt3X6qe_Ov0p0PiUX8W6P-l7GeCWs/edit?usp=sharing

Since you included the TC UCAs and to contact Jamie does that mean they're available?

Also, many thanks for bringing the info from Montero FB page here. Not everybody has Facebook, nor should they.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles