GEN1 Tokico Front Shocks

chadzeilenga

Hi All,
I'm looking to do the shocks on my Montero. I picked up a set of Tokico's for the rear (GE3697) and am trying to find a pair for the front. I can't find the specified GE3346 anywhere. I have been able to find a pair that fit the GEN2 (GE3583) and am wondering if they would work for my GEN1? Since the UCA & LCA can be swapped the mounting points should be the same.

Does anyone know any more details on this? Tokico (Hitachi) has not been easy to reach.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I think they discontinued them but see if you cam find them for the Mighty Max, the gen 2 shocks don't have the trunnions.

chadzeilenga

Yea, Mighty Max also lists GE3346 which I can't find anywhere. I'm only looking to match the rear pair I already bought. If that's not possible, any recommendation on something similar? I drive mostly paved and some gravel service roads etc. Not looking for a harsh ride.

the shocks are different on the mounting pad for LCA.
gen 1 has a forked pipe and attaches to the arm with 2 bolts. gen 2 uses a bracket with a thru bolt.
why u don't buy the bilsteins from the AZ. crew?
the Japanese shocks sAve for the koni brand, I find to be unsatisfactory for our rigs.
even OEM replacement don't do well because most of us have badly worn torsion bar springs

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I'm not sure, the HE shocks are blue. I actually ordered GE front and back and that's what i got. I really have no idea bit it all worked out well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles