Gen. III O2 sensors

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
With 152K on the clock I'm thinking it's time to swap out the O2 sensors in my 2002 NM.
Any suggestions on removal/installation or product type are welcomed.

So far I've doused the "seam" between the sensor and the exhaust with PB Blaster, and will most likely do that a few more times before the install. Install will be done with high temp. anti-seize.

Any tips on removal...the upstream driver sensor looks like a bugger to get to!

I'm thinking about replacing them with either Denso or NTK, has anyone had experience with Walker Products (US made)?
I think Denso are OEM...are they not?
Does anyone run Bosch?

Cheers.

Evo666

Observer
Use an O2 sensor socket. Denso is oem for Mitsubishi.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on Tapatalk

Inyo_man

Use an O2 sensor socket. Denso is oem for Mitsubishi.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on Tapatalk

Thanks.
That's a tool I don't own, but if it will make the job significantly easier I don't mind the purchase.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Best bet is to look it up on rock auto and compare prices against ebay using the rock auto part number and buy from whomever is cheapest.

Evo666

Observer
Rockauto usually have a 5% discount if you look at retailmenot website. The only bad thing I have with Rockauto is that you'll get charged for shipping for items that come from different warehouse location. So shop wisely :)

Inyo_man

Thanks for all of the feedback fellas.
I decided to replace them with the Denso sensors. I think I can get all four for about $200.
I'm planning on calling my local shop and asking if they have a sensor socket I could use...I've known the guys for years, so I'll try that before ordering one.

Inyo_man

The socket is only $10.49 at autozone, hardly worth the time or gas to borrow one.

With my local shop closer than the parts store, just thought that a phone call might save me the ten bucks, a few miles in gas, and waiting through traffic in mid-town...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94