Gen 3 spring spacers

kdj

Observer
Check out my add in parts for sale section. Got a extra set of front spring spacers that I made. These plus a set of 80 series toyota landcruiser front spring spacers used in the rear of your montero will get 2". $150.00 davejacobs889@gmail.com
20160627_172233.jpg

20160627_172005.jpg

Last edited:

122andy

Observer
Where did you get them? How did it ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In his post said he made them.
You arent really going to see a difference in putting 1" or 2" spacers on top of factory springs. Yes it raisers center of gravity, but ride quality is the same. Its different than putting taller/stiffer springs on. All the spacer does is gain you ground/tire clearance.
I did something similar on one of my Troopers, cranked the torsion bars in the front up 2" and put spring spacers from a 2wd Dodge Ram in the rear. Got me 2" all the way around.

Last edited:

Offroadmuch

Explorer
So these go on top of the springs? Any pics of them installed? Available in 2"? Level of difficulty for instalation? Can these be used on the rear?

I am new to dealing with the suspension on the Montero, especially Gen 3 type susp.

Last edited:

MoabRefugee

Observer
Interested

I am considering going the spacer/shock route, and already have the TJM coils spacers, though not installed. How thick are these? I am leaning toward a 10mm at the struts, which should give me what I am after at the wheel.

kdj

Observer
Ride quality is about the same as stock. Little stiffer in rear with the yota spring spacers installed. These mount on top of the front spring/shock so not any harder then installing a new set of shocks. They are 25mm thick which netted me 52 mm of lift at the front fender. You can import a set from South Africa or Australia but I promise these will be cheaper. It was a good cheap way for me to get the lift I wanted and I am just trying cover my material cost. Let me know if anyone is intrested, this set is just taking up bench space.

kdj

Observer
Offroadmuch you use a set of 80 series Toyota landcruiser front spring spacers in the rear of the montero. My spacers are only for the front. Missed that earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online