Gen 3 and Siberian bushings

Ocdfisher

Can anyone running the urethane bushings comment on road "feel", and transfer of impact and washboard vibration with these over rubber? I need to do front and rear control arm bushings, along with a few more and am wondering how much harsher the ride would be.
Thanks

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
The ride will be softer/smoother than the dried out rubber you have now, the Siberian bushings are a low durometer and in most cases are clad exactly like stock so they don't typically have the characteristics associated with polyurethane. I haven't done my Gen 3 yet but my Gen 1 and Gen 2 both got noticably quieter.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
The ride will be softer/smoother than the dried out rubber you have now, the Siberian bushings are a low durometer and in most cases are clad exactly like stock so they don't typically have the characteristics associated with polyurethane. I haven't done my Gen 3 yet but my Gen 1 and Gen 2 both got noticably quieter.
@spacecowboy7777 Follow up to this is that recently I've seen a few sets of Siberians sort of melt for some reason and the last set of rears I ran actually unvulcanized from their metal sleeves which made them sloppy. Previously I had run them in several vehicles without issue, my son's '98 has them with a bunch of miles no issues but I installed them 5 years ago. I've got another '98 I need to refresh and I haven't decided what I'm going to run yet.

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
I swapped my suspension bushing with Siberians about 2 years ago with the exception of my UCA's as they are brand new OEM Mitsubishi UCAs. The ride got considerably smoother and quieter and the Montero felt tighter on road. After 2 years running them they are still performing great and I have zero complaints on them. I do check them every oil change as I regrease joints and zero signs of "deformation" that a few people said they experienced.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2oeDKpv] Groot Suspension overhaul by grimgs, on Flickr[/URL]

I swapped my suspension bushing with Siberians about 2 years ago with the exception of my UCA's as they are brand new OEM Mitsubishi UCAs. The ride got considerably smoother and quieter and the Montero felt tighter on road. After 2 years running them they are still performing great and I have zero complaints on them. I do check them every oil change as I regrease joints and zero signs of "deformation" that a few people said they experienced.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2oeDKpv] Groot Suspension overhaul by grimgs, on Flickr[/URL]
Always loved your Montero. Do you have a link to buy the bushings?

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
Always loved your Montero. Do you have a link to buy the bushings?
I bought them through Siberian Bushings USA when they had their distribution center in south florida. Unfortunately during COVID, they decided to close up that location from my last communication with them. I would contact Adventure Driven Design or use Siberian bushings main website to get the part numbers and you can usually find them on Amazon. A buddy of mine was able to get his bushings through Siberian Bushing Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles