Gen 2.5 Mitsubishi Montero 2000 - Over-landing Family Truck - long term enhancement

raysobi

Adventurer
Installing valves

Sealed

I mess up the positioning of the faucet oh well it’s going to be pressurized anyway, shouldn’t impacting the water flow too at all.

Pressure gauge, I’m planning to have the pressure at 40 PSI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

raysobi

Adventurer
Pilot the angle before mate all PVCs

The system is holding at least 3 gallons, enough for quick showers 2 or 3 and washing dishes etc.

My plan is to build the system that allow me to add expansion tank in the future.

raysobi

Adventurer
Painting

It’s so darn hot here in Houston. I’m gonna take couple hours break and let the paint dry.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Drive Nacho Drive: A Journey from the American Dream to t...
by Brad Van Orden, Sheena Van Orden
From $15.95
999 Days Around Africa: The Road Chose Me
by Dan Grec, Dan Grec
From $19.95
First Overland: London-Singapore by Land Rover
by Tim Slessor
From $13.4

dos531

Very cool! I had an idea to do the same thing and run a small pump on a thermostat switch and lines to my unused transmission cooler on the radiator to get hot water as well.

raysobi

Adventurer
Very cool! I had an idea to do the same thing and run a small pump on a thermostat switch and lines to my unused transmission cooler on the radiator to get hot water as well.
That’s legit plan! Please keep me posted when you execute the build, would love to follow!!

Inyo_man

Explorer
Nice diy mod!!

fyi...not sure if you do any snow camping or not...but freezing temps. will turn your water supply into a block of ice.
One of the fellas that I wheel with installed a small submersible heater in his shower water tubes. It doesn't make much difference when the temps. get into the twenties, and below.

Cheers

raysobi

Adventurer
Nice diy mod!!

fyi...not sure if you do any snow camping or not...but freezing temps. will turn your water supply into a block of ice.
One of the fellas that I wheel with installed a small submersible heater in his shower water tubes. It doesn't make much difference when the temps. get into the twenties, and below.

Cheers
Ahhh good to know! Nope i don’t plan to do snow camping anytime soon or ever

vico78

Finally got the ladder!

Unboxing

Installed

Done!!

I really like it, very sturdy and it is a lot easier for me to get up there.

I’m a big guy and trying to pull myself up on the tire isn’t the best option. This is one of my favorite mods so far.

So... do you have a part number or where to get it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fi.robin

The window surround moulding is easily removable with a plastic trim removal tool. The moulding itself is attached with plastic clips that connect the moulding to the body. There are five or so behind the side pieces and 8-10 behind the top piece. Chances are the clips will be brittle from age and many will break when the trim is removed, so plan on finding some replacements.

I think $73 is a fair price for new trim, I payed about $30 for junkyard trim.

Good luck.
I am looking for the part number for the windshield clips upper body-side. I got the moulding with clips in it. However, the body clips are brittle and I want to replace it.

Attaching the pic. Thanks.

Attachments

Recommended books for Overlanding

The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United Stat...
by TeriAnn Wakeman
From $64.95
Long Way Down: An Epic Journey by Motorcycle from Scotlan...
by Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman
From $1.65
Overlanders' Handbook: Worldwide Route & Planning Guide: ...
by Chris Scott
From $29.95
Road Fever (Vintage Departures)
by Tim Cahill
From $6.99