Gen 2.5 - 3rd row seats, keep/sell/toss?

nckwltn

Explorer
Anyone do anything interesting with their 3rd row seats? Mine have been out in my garage and more recently outside for the last 3 years. Thinking about tossing them in bin.

Any reason to keep them?

• My 2 kids are going to be in car seats/booster seats for a few more years (not sure if a modern car seat will even fit back there) so don't need/can't use the extra seating
  • I don't plan on selling any time soon
  • I have more space when camping by not having them there
  • A platform would probably be better if I were to sleep in the car
  • they kind of take up a lot of space when storing

Any good reasons to keep them?

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I have the same dilemma. Mine are in my basement......I've moved with them twice now, they haven't been in the truck for years.

Swank Force One

Adventurer
I tossed mine. And the 2nd row. Briefly considered selling the 2nd row as they were really nice, but decided that was a lot of hassle.

Same, been sitting in the garage for years. Where they used to be I have a compressor on one side and a hardcase mounted on the other. A lot more useful than two tiny seats.

PacS14

Adventurer
I tend to take my daughter and nephews and nieces out and about every now and then, so I'm keeping mine. To me it was a big selling point when deciding which SUV to choose. Between a 4runner, trooper, Montero, rodeo, etc even the Landcruiser crossed my mind and ultimately came to price and running condition between the Landcruiser and Montero.

nckwltn

Explorer
Seats sitting in trash bin.... they will be gone Friday am.....

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

PacS14

Adventurer
I really like the convenience on them folding​ into a bed. I used that a few times and I don't see the point of building a platform.

I really like the convenience on them folding​ into a bed. I used that a few times and I don't see the point of building a platform.

Platform is 1000 times more comfortable. I'm 6'1" and can stretch out all the way with my platform. Have two sets of 3rd row seats, been trying to give them away and no one wants them. I'll probably end up tossing them as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles