Gen 1 and Gen 2 Bouncy Seat Frames Available @ Junkyard, Sun Valley, CA

jlocster

Explorer
Just a heads up, stopped by the junkyard today...2 93 SRs had driver/pass bouncy seats in them. One clean Gen 1 had a drivers bouncy in it. I left them there for lack of time. Someone go get 'em!! (I'm lookin' at you nwoods and socalmonty ; ) ). Sorry, no pics as phone was not cooperating.

FYI, for those with power driver seats, you will need to swap the seat base and seat back as bouncy and power seats have incompatible seat frames. Also, Gen 2 passenger seat bases bolt right to bouncy seats, but Gen 2.5 passenger seats do not as they have a different design. I found all this out the hard way...

Junk yard location is:
Pick Your Part
11201 Pendleton Street
Sun Valley, CA 91352

Last edited:

nckwltn

Explorer
So.... you're saying... I can pull the seats and use the drivers side in my 2.5, and keep the power if I change out seat base and seat back? But I won't be able to install a bouncy passenger seat?

I'm just up the road from that pick you part.... any idea how long they take to pull, or what the cost would be?

jlocster

Explorer
Gen 2.5 power driver seats use a different seat base and seat back and will not fit a bouncy seat frame. In order to use a bouncy seat frame on the driver side, you will need to attach it to a manual Gen 2 seat base and seat back. Further, you cant have power and bouncy seats. Seats attach to either a power seat frame or a bouncy seat frame.

Gen 2.5 manual passenger seat bases will not fit bouncy seat frames. If you pull the bouncy frames, take the Gen 2 driver and passenger seat bases and backs that they're attached to, you'll need them if you have a Gen 2.5

To pull out the seats is easy. Four 14mm bolts attach the bouncy frames to the vehicle. Seat bases are connected to bouncy frames with four 12 mm bolts. Its a 5 minute job.

Cost varies with what clerk you get, but bouncy frames and seats run from $50-75.

Last edited:

GrassCat

Adventurer
To make it clear. Power seats will not bolt to the bouncy frame. On the Gen 2.5 the non power passenger seat will not bolt to the bouncy frame. I don't know this first hand, but other have reported it to be so. Use non power seats out of a Gen 2.

If you have a SR use the LS non power driver seat, the passenger seat will bolt up. If you have a Gen 2.5 use the LS non power seats for both. No you can't modify, within reason, a power seat to fit. Is this clear enough for everyone?

A side note. The LS model came in cloth and leather.

When checking out at the yard. Tell the clerk they are seat bases. Most I've every paid was $30. The last time Ray (offroader) and I got some the cost was less than $10.

Last edited:

GrassCat

Adventurer
Were these standard or optional with the cloth seats?

Optional on early SR's, the 3.0L's. They came with cloth or leather.

My seats have leather arm and head rest and cloth on the seats, because
I have a parts truck that had cloth seats so I made the swap. The back of the seats I changed to leather also. I changed to cloth because the all leather seats are hot in the summer and cold in the winter. That's today, tomorrow I may do something different. :)

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Today at the salvage yard I saw an LS with brown leather seats with some type of knob in the front of the seat connected to what looked like a small shock, are these "bouncy" seats? I sat in it and it didn't seem to bounce no matter which way I turned the knob.

GrassCat

Adventurer
Yes they are. It may have been locked (they have a locking handle) so it does not bounce. Some like them that way, but I like them to move.
Go get them. Don't forget to tell the checkout person they are seat bases.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Yes they are. It may have been locked (they have a locking handle) so it does not bounce. Some like them that way, but I like them to move.
Go get them. Don't forget to tell the checkout person they are seat bases.

So I went back and grabbed them today, I think my wife is more excited about them than I am. They will definitely need some seat covers though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles