GBlack 2019 F250 build out

Big50

Adventurer
Great build! Really dig the Rhino rack...clean and simple. Not sure if you are but if you're looking for a rack to clear the bikes, the Thule Xsporter is an option. Offers more flexibility in regards to adjustment and easily taken off.

Also, Icon makes some great kits of the SD's so might want to check them out. I've been running their 2.5" kit for over a year and love it.

Great build! Really dig the Rhino rack...clean and simple. Not sure if you are but if you're looking for a rack to clear the bikes, the Thule Xsporter is an option. Offers more flexibility in regards to adjustment and easily taken off.

Also, Icon makes some great kits of the SD's so might want to check them out. I've been running their 2.5" kit for over a year and love it.

At this point the rack in the bed would be used for carrying gear on the sides or to hold an awning. I did look at the Thule Xsporter in case I couldn't find a good roof rack over the cab but I can't imagine trying to load a dirt bike under the Thule Xsporter while a RTT is mounted to it haha.

I would love new suspension but as of now I just ride with some sand bags in the back. I was really looking at the Carli Backcountry for the washboard roads we ride on to get to campsites. For me the suspension is nice to have but not required right now. I guess I got used to the truck ride. Also I don't want to lift it any more for ease of loading the dirt bike and access to the RTT. I THINK if I do a 2.5" it will come out about 1.5" higher in the front since I have the snow package springs which isn't bad.

Big50

Adventurer
At this point the rack in the bed would be used for carrying gear on the sides or to hold an awning. I did look at the Thule Xsporter in case I couldn't find a good roof rack over the cab but I can't imagine trying to load a dirt bike under the Thule Xsporter while a RTT is mounted to it haha.

I would love new suspension but as of now I just ride with some sand bags in the back. I was really looking at the Carli Backcountry for the washboard roads we ride on to get to campsites. For me the suspension is nice to have but not required right now. I guess I got used to the truck ride. Also I don't want to lift it any more for ease of loading the dirt bike and access to the RTT. I THINK if I do a 2.5" it will come out about 1.5" higher in the front since I have the snow package springs which isn't bad.

Ah, my mistake, I thought you were moving the tent to the Leitner rack. That's actually why I suggested the Thule, I've seen guys with bikes under them.

Yeah, it the suspension is working for you now then no reason to upgrade. Same here too, didn't want it much hight than stock...these trucks are huge lol. The tailgate step should be a required option on these trucks. Be a huge pain in the butt loading with out it.

michlong

Hey guys,

New guy here living in Colorado with a 2019 F250 6.7 crew cab with 6 3/4 bed. I went with the F250 for future camper towing capability and payload. Could a F150 work for me?.....maybe but with the mountains here I figured why not play it safe. When I go on trips I have my dirtbike or dirtbike and ATV. So far here's what I have to get me through our next trip to Moab next month:
- Swapped stock OEM 20" for 18" Method NV HD with 35x12.5x18 Goodyear Duratracs. What a huge improvement in ride and traction.
- iKamper Skycamp 2.0 RTT. I looked extensively and this seemed to be the best of both worlds when it comes between hardtop and softtop. Most hardtops don't have much room and soft tops...well have a soft top and I don't plan on removing the RTT much if at all.
- Rhino Rack over the crew cab. The ONLY rack for the F250 that doesn't require drilling holes in the roof.

The reason i'm starting with the iKamper RTT over the cab is ability to transport a dirt bike and/or ATV in the bed the same time that the RTT is there. I'll be looking at Leitner or possibly other options that would allow dirt bike height under a RTT. The stock Leitner height won't work but i've seen mounts that raise the bar height.

Other things i'll be looking into:
- Suspension upgrade to Fox w/res for obvious reasons. Possibly Carli 2.5 backcountry as I don't want a big lift.
- Quick Pitch or similar privacy room for toilet and shower
- Mounting system for eccotemp shower (possibly in Leitner gear pod)
- Battery / Solar for heated mattress, eccotemp shower, and lights
- Air Compressor mount

I've seen some great info here so far. Looking forward to figuring all of this out over time. Pic is before the RTT and rack.

View attachment 500667

Could you share the exact details of the rim size and offset?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94