gauncho? side facing bed/sofa?

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
anybody build one???

sorry I've not posted any updates...there hasnt been much done in the garage other than gather some parts..and alot of dust...(we've gotten SLAMMED with snow the last few weeks...)

oh...and a 9K winch WILL pull a 2wd diesel van out of 2ft deep snow..and also pull a 4dr jeep wangler with the e-brake set out of the slick floored garage pulling said van out of said snow..:sombrero:

taxes are on their way in...and Ima spendin some coin on the van...which means time for the bed and back area...sleeping area and fridge/storage to be addressed....in the homebuild GTRV/sportsmobile build thread...

so back to gaunchos.....who's built them....what would you do diffrent?

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I built a bit of a guacho for my AstroLander. All the pics may have died a violent death with my lap top; the two seamed to be inseperable.

I'll try to locate some when I get more time, along with self critigue of design.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Gotchu covered T. Low - I saved these pics because I thought it was a brilliant design.

:beer:

Attachments

• Astrocampingmods005e.jpg
    Astrocampingmods005e.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Astrocampingmods018500.jpg
    Astrocampingmods018500.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 167

spencyg

This Space For Rent

This style of gauncho is what Boomer has. The linkage is a little funky, but it works very well and makes enough space for my wife and I to be very "cozy". As an added bonus, the cushions are directly fastened, so you won't find yourself slipping between two cushions at 1AM. There also aren't any extra-tall backrests or extra cushions necessary to make a more traditional pull-out style work.

...and the amount of storage under the assembly is pretty incredible.

Spence

r_w

Adventurer
I helped a friend build one. The backrest hinged UP, to make bunk beds. Could hide the sleeping bags or covers in the triangle formed between the angle of the backrest and the wall of the van.

Big thing is what you want to hide/store under it. and how many you want to sleep, and how tall they are.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
the storage will be all soft stuffs..(cloths/towels/blankets)..

I really like alot of the ideas...I just need to get some items (fridge n other things being built in)...and some time..and some wood...

we're sleeping 2 adults under 6ft..

1 6yr old..
2 infants (currently...but plans are for the van to be here for another decade)..

Ive looked at hammocks for the kids...my daughter thought that was a neat idea...so we're gonna pick one up soon and goof around with it..(read-FALL OUT ALOT)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94