Gauging Interest Series II 88” Project?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
So, certain levels of domestic terrorism are pressuring me to consider selling some of my treasures. I should have avoided wedding cake.

This probably isn’t the best marketplace, but I don’t want to join a bunch of forums for nothing.

Is anyone interested in a huge pile of parts that can become 1 Series II or IIA 88” Rover? I have a ‘61 Diesel that has an original rust-free chassis that I had hot dip galvanized, Diesel engine. New suspension. New exhaust. Rolling Chassis. No Engine Installed, or Running, no body installed. Basically a do it yourself rover kit. Lots of potential here. Also have a 2.5 NA Diesel disassembled. 2.0 NA diesel disassembled. And a ‘63 Petrol 88” in rough shape, chassis completely corroded through, Petrol engine, basically a parts car. I’m thinking of tearing it down into a pile of parts just to make room.

I don’t know what I want for it all, but I would like it all to sell together if someone wants it.

no pics currently available but I might take and email some to a serious prospect.

this was my someday project, but with 3 kids now... it isn’t going far or fast and I’ve run out of decoy cars so now she has noticed it again.

All located in central California.

Send me a PM if you’re interested.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I had a surprising amount of interest in this, with several people having contacted me already. In short: thank you.

The 1963 Series IIA is gone. Sold for parts to a user that towed it to the Los Angeles area. That was the cheap one, as it didn’t run and was BADLY corroded on the chassis.

Ironically, the buyer sent me a video of it running within about 12 hours of getting it home! Good for you! If I had invested a few hours of work in the last 20 years I might have wanted a lot more money for a “running” rover! But... that shows how much I cared.

The remaining 1961 Series II Diesel 88” Rover is where I have most of my money invested, including galvanizing the original chassis. I’m more reluctant to sell this one, but if it means a lot to you, I might be willing to work something out.

The 61 2.0 Liter Diesel Engine is in bad shape and disassembled but available separately if you need it or parts of it.

Thanks and have fun. Maybe I’ll see you on the trail someday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier