Gas vs. EV Off Road

Alloy

In my quest for a sub 300lb primary off road motorcycle I looked at EV and gas. Tried to get a Super Serpa but the price for good 13YO bike is almost the same as a new bike...except for the taxes.

The dealer had me try a Zero FX. It had amazing power and torque compared to a Yamaha WR250R but I couldn't get over the price vs. the off road range and the WRR will be on the road 10 years. I couldn't say the same for the Zero. I have a hard time finding $100 batteries and chargers for tools I bought 10 years ago. Will there be any $?,000 Zero batteries in 10 years?

The dealer said their biggest customers are police.

After going back and forth for 3 months I bought a Yamaha WR250R. I might have made a good decision.

jkam

nomadic man
I have a Super Sherpa, and will never part with it.
They do get a premium for them, but they retain that premium through out ownership.
The 250 Yamaha is light years ahead, enjoy.

Until they force EV's on me, and I think they will, then no way am I falling for the story presented.

Oscar Mike Gulf Yankee

I don't see an EV taking the abuse that a gaser can take off road. I have no facts or experience to back up my hunch or wild guess opinion. I'm considering an e-bike as a bicycle, not a motorcycle. I've had thousands of miles on a bicycle, as a road racer, and owned a Trans Alp, say you're going down hill at 40 mph, even the fat ebike tires won't take that abuse very long, that Honda would love the ride.
Now, if you had a moto with an electric motor, that would be different, but still, that motor seems fragile compared to an engine.
It just seems wrong! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier