GAS MILAGE

pith helmet

Today's 42 mile trip to town and back; 20 miles backroads @ 40-50mph, 20 miles Interstate @70-80mph, 2 miles in town with 5 minutes of idling.
Stock JKU Sport with soft top, minus back seats, 31" tires.

IMG-7209.jpg

87Warrior

GP'er
Now if you were going the other way or, wait a minute what if you drove in reverse? ?
No, in Kansas it is always a crosswind! And it doesn't matter which direction you are going. In the Kansas wind I average 14mpg in the TJR, unless I am trying to go 75-80mph... then she gets 11mpg. Always have since I bought it in 2003. I lived in Vail, CO for a year... and for that year the same TJR got 22mpg. It looooooved the high altitude 85 octane fuel (not E85) and lower speeds.

I agree, I have no idea what my TJ did. It was the 2.5L/5-speed manual with 4.10's. I didn't buy it for the fuel mileage (and that is a good thing...).

Now my 2021 Unlimited Rubicon is bone-stock, with the 2.0L Turbo/8-speed automatic, and I LOVE it. Wifey and I putzed around yesterday after a fill-up with all pavement, but some very curvey mountain roads, and exploring a state park at 5 mph. Gained around 3000' in elevation too. Still got 22.5 on the trip computer, which I have found is pretty dang accurate for me. Did I mention I LOVE my Rubicon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online