Garmin Tread Overland Edition - any users yet?

jprovence

Any heavy Gaia Pro users upgraded and find it better? I’m finding the downloading to be easier now that I gave up on sat maps and I like their overland map version a lot. But, Im still considering this as an upgrade. Just not sure its worth it.
The Tread routing ability far outclasses Gaia and most other apps. The vehicle profiles clarifying what MVUM road you can travel and being able to navigate around on those roads. It presents so much more information beyond map layers. It’s totally worth it.

2010BlackL322

Any heavy Gaia Pro users upgraded and find it better? I’m finding the downloading to be easier now that I gave up on sat maps and I like their overland map version a lot. But, Im still considering this as an upgrade. Just not sure its worth it.
Yes, much easier to use and detail is better

patchesj

So for folks that already have an inreach device (mini) and a garmin watch (Epix 2) that they use for hiking/out of vehicle adventure, how can I get all of the Tread features but just pair with my existing inreach? I really don't want 2 subscriptions when I should just be able to pair them with ANT+.

Is there still a software/feature gap to the Overlander?

So for folks that already have an inreach device (mini) and a garmin watch (Epix 2) that they use for hiking/out of vehicle adventure, how can I get all of the Tread features but just pair with my existing inreach? I really don't want 2 subscriptions when I should just be able to pair them with ANT+.

Is there still a software/feature gap to the Overlander?
Probably the only feature gap that people would care about it the 4 camara system, but they updated it to an HD camera system along with night vision options. I have extensive experience with both as an owner. What specific software gaps were you referring too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pembecreek