Garmin Overlander

Saratoga

Adventurer
Although I note that with the Garmin Montana 700 series you can get 1:25k and 1:50k OS Topo maps in the UK but you can't get it for the Overlander :(

I suspect it is because the Overlander is using the Android architecture and the Montana is using the previous OS, which I think was MS WM6 or so.

Saratoga

Adventurer
Looks like Garmin have now released to the Tread series.

Which is similar to the Overlander, and they’ve done a similar thing that which they did with the Dezl series.

It’s not compatible with the Explore app, they’ve given it a fresh app called tread.

It has a built-in ‘in reach’ thing, and they’ve offered it up with larger screens.

I did consider the Montana range of devices, especially because they could use the 1:25k and 1:50k UK OS maps.

It is currently priced a little bit more than the Overlander, but the Overlander price might then come down.

I’m not going to hold my breath of course, and I’m in the process of speaking with one of my suppliers to see if they can get the Overlander in. I know it’s nice and helpful but I’m trying to reduce my dependence on Amazon.