Garmin GLO GPS

mav204

Observer
I have an iPhone and iPad, but with cell data, so they both have GPS's but into them, is there any advantage of getting a GPS devise like the Garmin GLO?

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
The advantages seem to me are it may be more accurate, your model of iPad/iPhone may lack GLONASS and with the GLO you can locate the receiver for best reception and use the devices anywhere you want without losing reception or accuracy. It would probably be mostly redundant, though.

jimi breeze

jimi breeze
I've been using the Garmin GLO for 3-4 years now. I use it with my iPad without a service plan. I've come to like and depend on an external GPS receiver.
The advantage for me is having GPS connectivity without a cell service plan, anytime and where (unless I loose SAT connection)

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Have had a glo for 5 years, used it with two different galx tab a's. Used it from central America to north America and its never given me any issues. Every once in a while I find I need to switch up which BT GPS program so I just dl a new app. Have been using bluetooth gps for android as the mock provider for two years with no issue. Bad elf is by far the worst. Their CS is non existent and the dual units are so hit and miss it's a crap shoot of sending them back and forth to get a good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles