Garden of the gods Illinois

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
After getting the flip-bac build mostly done I took the wife and pup (and not our 5 kiddos!!) to Shawnee National forest and Garden of the gods, Cave in rock, Rim trail, Rock face (hike sucked and no freaking signs at all!! its at the end of Rockface lane) and our most favorite place to hike was Burden falls!!!

3 day weekend...and stayed at Double M campground and horse camp...we will always go back there!! Great folks and campground!!

hiked alot..got raind on a little..small list of things that need done (and things forgotten) definitely recommend this for anyone looking to see someplace cool and off the beaten track..and we plan on going back soon to see little grand canyon and fyrne clyffs!

sorry some of the pics are sideways...my tablet wont let me edit and my 6yr old Iphone4 does weird ****.

IMG_3073.jpg
IMG_3087.jpg
IMG_3096.jpg

We found out as we were leaving that Illinois has the MOST bigfoot sightings of any state east of the Mississippi!!!
IMG_3024.jpg
IMG_3042.jpg
IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg
this little guy met us in the parking lot...apparently my wife doesnt like bugs...
IMG_3001.jpg
IMG_3023.jpg

Last edited:

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
wife and I bunking it in...one cold dog...and pics from rim trail, burden falls

IMG_3104.jpg
IMG_3237.jpg
IMG_3233.jpg
IMG_3152.jpg
IMG_3223.jpg
IMG_3202.jpg
IMG_3201.jpg

someones done hiking on the last day
IMG_3238.jpg
camel rock
IMG_3251.jpg

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I used to live in Paducah and did many trips to Shawnee. Mostly mountain biking but also a lot just camping and hiking. Nice to see the area again.

Airmapper

Inactive Member
Awesome, looks like you had a good time. Thanks for the pics, I loved exploring that area and they were a reminder of how cool it is over there. I know a couple in Paducah that spend a lot of time over there and several years ago they took me to those places, kind of like personal tour guide, and he showed me many more lesser known spots nearby that are absolutely spectacular for hiking. Although I think Garden of the Gods is your best bet for getting a good experience of what the area is like. I've been there twice and equally enjoyed it both times.

The only thing I don't like is it's in Illinois.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz