GAP IID Tool Guided Suspension Calibration issue

Hey Guys,

Noticed that the rear right suspeninsoin looked a bit low so thought I would do a guided calibration with the IId tool. Im able to adjust the front left wheel with out issue but the rest of the wheels don't move when I hit UP/DOWN arrows on the app. Any thoughts?

I am actually having the same issue and planned to reach out to GAP today. I have to connect and reconnect numerous times and I also can't get my computer(s) to update my tool.

I'm of zero concern as GAP is fantastic; there is a clear problem with my tool so I will start there before I rip into the vehicle I am going to start there.

morrisdl

Adventurer
Interesting. I just ordered an IDDTool BT from L8. An upgrade from my EASControl which has been flawless for 10 years.
Hopefully have it and a new set of height sensors in a couple days to test.

My truck literally only complains (red faults) on the hi-way (any road really >30mph).
Spent an entire weekend wheeling in normal offroad mode and not a single fault.

Blaise

You should be on the calibration page, not the height adjustment page.

What are your current calibrations. If you're maxed out, you can't adjust it higher.

TOUGE

I thought it had to be in tight tolerance mode to do the suspension calibration? The two times I have done a calibration I had it in tight tolerance mode but it was still quite slow to react to changes.

DiscoNels

Adventurer
I thought it had to be in tight tolerance mode to do the suspension calibration? The two times I have done a calibration I had it in tight tolerance mode but it was still quite slow to react to changes.

You don't need to put it in tight tolerance mode, the guided calibration takes care of everything for you. Get in, make adjustments at each corner, get out. Done!

Blaise

You're correct.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
So before I make a new thread I though I would check here for help. My LR3 has lift rods and 275/65's. I can drive in access (+2) mode with no rubbing. So I would like to explore using my DII to adjust the suspension with the stock rods in. How ever I’m a little intimidated to mess with the setting because my DII in non BT. Any suggestions for how to do it or can anyone point me to a good tutorial?

thanks.

morrisdl

Adventurer
TexasTJ - I am so confused by your post...why have lift rods to "drive in access (+2) mode with no rubbing"?

That is +2 inches and -2 inches so essentially OEM stock height. If stock height doenst rub, why do you need short rods at all? Unless you are just trying to drive in +2" 100% of the time, then why go back to stock rods? YES - the IIDtool can easily and temporarily increase height in the /HEIGHT menu. Store 3 profiles. **You do need a wheel alignment when running different heights long term. I find this menu tree helpful when navigating the IIDtool options in the dash view:

1592574488914.png

ref: https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/support/documents/IIDTool/

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
The rods were on the truck when I got it. The fact that he truck was kitted what the only reason I bought the LR3 over the Jeep I was also looking at. the rods themselves look like some junk that was picked up at the Hardware store. I know that a lot of people have feeling agents rods and have been trying to figure a way around them on my truck where I do not need to get new tire. I'm just not comfortable messing with the suspension setting.

IMG_8705.jpg

morrisdl

Adventurer
Sasquatch Rods i think...Mine are about 10+ years old and still working well. More durable than OEM for sure.
I dont use them for lift, I only use mine to re-center the height sensors at about 175 calibration. The sensor's limits are 150 to 250.
The range of usability is limited by variations between the sensors. You can only go as low as the first corner to hit 150 and only as high as the 1st corner to hit 250. The more variation across the 4 sensor calibrations the more restricted the range of motion.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
yep! All that Greek computer stuff right there is why I am uncomfortable messing with it. I really do miss Coils...

morrisdl

Adventurer
If you dont want to learn, you can always pay people that were willing to.
I prefer the EAS and its advantages over coils: auto load leveling, adjustable height, Axle-Cross-link articulation, etc
If you value simple over these, go with coils. Nothing wrong with coils.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles