GAP DII to troubleshoot yellow suspension fault?

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I have gotten a yellow suspension fault three time in the last three weeks, twice today. It has been happens when I am driving over an hour. I have a three year old AMK compressor and it dose not look like I have a bad height sensor on the off-road screen. Can I use the GAP DII to diagnosis a suspension fault? Also what should be my steps to source this fault?
40C687C6-6708-48FA-B1A8-97837450419C.jpeg

Thatmerickson

Hey Tex, it is super easy to use the GAP tool for reading faults. Plug it in, open up your app, select Faults and then suspension. It should tell you your fault code/s there and if you wanted to you could clear it. Figuring out the source of the issue could be trickier depending on what the fault code is. Do that first and let us know what you get.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
There lies the problem I don’t have a BT gap tool. I guess I should have remembered to add that. ?
but I think I can still swing it through the dash menu.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
one other thing My tie rods and my Front Hubs are really warn and I am replacing them this weekend. Could that Affect the stability controls and lock the suspension? Just moving through things. Also Battery?

NorthwestDriver

Not sure about this vehicle, I’m new to the platform, but I do know bad hubs and wheel bearings can cause various fault codes in other vehicles because the play can give bad readings to the ABS/speed sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94