GAP Diagnostic Tools: Questions and Dream Requests!

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
@SteveMfr Great news you are down with the thread, I appreciate your efforts and that of the team and I know everyone else here does as well.

You have a laundry list of "dream sheet" requests to get here so we will all be watching! hahahaha You're welcome! ;)

*Since I created this thread, I'd like to stack jump everyone and as how we get the EAS disengaged (if possible) with full use of the traction control functions? The goal being the conversion of coil springs without the fancy box everyone seems to have to use to make the TC work without EAS.

There are many coil-over setups out there that will fit in the LR3/4 with great performance but we are limited to someone who knows how to trick the ECU to allow us to "delete/deconfigure" EAS in the CCF.

Thanks Amigo!
Yes, I will try to hang here more often. :)

To answer your question an Ray's: unfortunately via CCF switching to coils deactivates terrain response. See my post #28 above.
The only economical way to do it is with an additional hardware unit. We've made these for other vehicles, but it is not really economical for us either. Sorry... :-(

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
Ability to recalibrate the fuel tank capacity to make the distance to empty calculation more accurate

Ability to see TPMS data while driving
Naks, as I don't know for which of your vehicles:
  • the Def has 7 different fuel tank capacities available from 60 to 108L in the CCF. Never had anyone verify this for us, but aside from that it's hard to imagine that your vehicle came from the factory with a wrong tank capacity programmed - but who knows.
  • the RRS has a "fuel trip eco adjust" in the IPC CCF settings. This could help... Please send us a short mail with results if you try this.

TPMS on the info display is unfortunately only available live for later vehicles...

Yes, I will try to hang here more often. :)

To answer your question an Ray's: unfortunately via CCF switching to coils deactivates terrain response. See my post #28 above.
The only economical way to do it is with an additional hardware unit. We've made these for other vehicles, but it is not really economical for us either. Sorry... :-(

Shoot! Anyone know where I can get one? I don't need the coils will it, just the hardware to dumb down my Rover! lol

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
For LR3, run fog lights while high beams are on.

I might be able to do this, but I didn't see it, diagnose and calibrate the blend door motors on the HVAC system.
-Fog lights: can't be done on a D3 (see my post #28 above). The only option is to wire in a changeover relay...
- Calibrating blend motors can't be done on a D3 - on a D4 it can :-s

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
While on the trail sometimes things happen that are best left to qualified technicians if it isn't covered in the manual. It would be great if there were a book that was 'LR for Idiots' like I had in the 70's for my VW. Some of the confusing if not downright stopping your movement type of things that are getting us down.
Really, I would like to see a youtube library of how to do things get published. Like programming keys, calibrating suspension, etc. Stuff like that. I'd feel better it coming from the guys who made the software.
We are working on this. We realize that there are numerous hurdles stopping a home user from diving in and using diagnostic equipment (not just ours) in unfamiliar terrain (literally and figuratively). Vids are planned.

The ultimate would be a pay-as-you-go remote diagnostic service where you have someone with experience jump in, control the diagnostic device and offer help to repair/jury rig/whatever to get people rolling again... We'll see.

naks

Steve, is there a way to disable the car going into Off-road height as soon as you switch to Low Range?

This would be handy for people with steep driveways, for example.

Also, if one could disable the Proximity Warning when in Low Range/Off-road height? nothing more annoying than that constant beeping when doing a trail - drives me and the wife insane!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Speedkills

Low range triggered changes are interesting. I would love to disable my parking sensors in low, as well as my tpms or even set a separate pressure threshold for low range like 10psi. I know this will never happen but hey, it's a wishlist. So many other little niggles I could fix if only I could get to the code, like don't re-enable the parking sensors every time I reverse, only when I restart the vehicle. Or let me set a lower minimum volume, even at the lowest level it's so damn loud. Even better, an initial volume, then a back off, go ahead and get my attention with 2-3 loud beeps but after you've made your point Rover, quiet down a bit so I can concentrate at the task at hand.

Or letting me set any settings that are tied to the factory head unit so I can replace it with something else and maybe not have a clock whose time I could never setagain. Yeah,most of these are way beyond the iidtool, but a man can dream!

LR Max

Local Oaf
- Calibrating blend motors can't be done on a D3 - on a D4 it can :-s

Weird. I was under the impression the hawkeye tool could do this. Also there is a built in "learn" mode that I've done in the past. Holding three buttons (I forget) to make it re-learn.

Speedkills

More things in my wishlist. Make remote height changes work without having the hazards on. Probably once a week I walk to the car with my wife and realize I forgot to leave it in access mode, would love to just use the remote to lower it.

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
Naks, Speedkills: I am just going to do a blanket "we'd like to, love to, but unfortunately..."(see post #28 above...) These are all not options that LR offered us. Not impossible to do, just not economically viable. That said, options like lowering the vehicle are well within the IIDTool's capabilities. We have been working on some of these items - we'll see.

LR Max: the Hawkeye was built for Bearmach by Omitech, which is the company that built the Testbook T4 (dealer diagnostics late 90's early 2000's) for LR, so it is not a bad piece of kit - albeit relatively limited in it's capabilities. I've learned (again) never to say never in the field of diagnostics (especially LR diagnostics), and we will try to take a look at it again sometime, but IIRC it really was such that the D3 had the 'self learning' mode activated through the HEVAC control panel and for the D4, LR gave calibration capability through diagnostics. I'd be genuinely surprised if the Hawkeye could do either vehicle, tho (even if the D3 had calibration through diagnostics) as most such functions were beyond the Hawkeye's scope and, by the time the D4 came around, Omitec was not doing much more in the way of development and support (at least as far as I heard).

AlexM

This falls into the category of "nice to have but ultimately not worth the R&D cost", but if there was a way to defeat the obstacle sensing that lifts the vehicle into off road mod ONLY when putting the vehicle into access height, it would be much appreciated. I'm running the SYA bump stop extensions to accommodate larger tires and the vehicle will immediately raise itself if put into access mode as it senses the bump stops as an obstacle. I knew this prior to installing them, but it would still be nice to have a quick way to lower the vehicle a bit

naks

This falls into the category of "nice to have but ultimately not worth the R&D cost", but if there was a way to defeat the obstacle sensing that lifts the vehicle into off road mod ONLY when putting the vehicle into access height, it would be much appreciated. I'm running the SYA bump stop extensions to accommodate larger tires and the vehicle will immediately raise itself if put into access mode as it senses the bump stops as an obstacle. I knew this prior to installing them, but it would still be nice to have a quick way to lower the vehicle a bit

Alex, what are those, and where did you get them from?

AlexM

Alex, what are those, and where did you get them from?
https://www.lucky8llc.com/products/proud-rhino-sya-off-road-extension-kit

These guys right here. I think Lucky8 are the only ones selling them. There are some forum posts around that give them mixed reviews, but I like the piece of mind that if my air suspension were to fail I wouldnt be resting on my tires. No instructions with the kit though, so if anyone buys a set and has any questions feel free to message me so they can avoid the mistakes I made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles