GAP Diagnostic Tools: Questions and Dream Requests!

hahaha, well, that was the point initially to ask GAP if they would like a direct feed forum for wishes but it appears this thing took off quickly.....

Hope nobody at GAP is offended by this, I think you will see anyone using this product loves it and just want's to see the continued efforts you have been making to keep this the best LR product on the market! off my soap box.

#1 request or me is what I believe @Ray_G said:

The ability to configure the CCF from EAS to COILS or; make a product that does this for customized suspension options.

As always, love the GAP tool, best purchase I've made thus far for my LR3.

Avslash

Observer
I second the "keep the ECUs asleep" request.

That is a definite problem when camping out of the truck.

I hadn't heard about "showroom" mode. Anybody have any details?

ishapiro

I second the "keep the ECUs asleep" request.

That is a definite problem when camping out of the truck.

I hadn't heard about "showroom" mode. Anybody have any details?
I personally heard about the "showroom mode" from a tech in a local LR dealership several years ago. From what I understood they set that mode using official LR service software.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

LR Max

Local Oaf
I'd like a how-to video on how to use the "live values" screen. Either it lacks common sense or I'm dense. But I'd love to see live values coming out of my Blend doors (I think I have a problem...but no clue because can't get live values to work), but no.

That is a summer project just because heat is affected. Would like to have that squared away before it gets cold again.

Speedkills

No luck enabling paddle shifters in drive, I think I read that it is available on European models. Would be a nice addition to gap for sure. Isn't there some way to see non-verified config settings?

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
wait, does GAP/Pat know about this thread? :unsure:
They do now ;)

Hi guys,
What a great thread! Sorry I didn't get in on this sooner - I will have to start checking the forums more regularly. It is tough, though, because checking all the forums and answering questions can be time consuming. And the better forums (such as this one) tend to keep me occupied / distracted longer than I can usually allow for just lurking and reading because I find things that interest me.

Hope nobody at GAP is offended by this, I think you will see anyone using this product loves it and just want's to see the continued efforts you have been making to keep this the best LR product on the market! off my soap box.
Why would we be offended? Quite the opposite: thank you very much for starting this thread! I will def try to answer all questions. And if I / we are ever AWOL for a longer period, feel free to shoot us a mail (support at gap - diagnostic dotcom) and let us know to check back here.

I will jump right into the replies to the topics that have been raised:
  1. be able to disable wakeup on each door open/close event. This is essential for when camping. My traxide setup with two batteries gets drained easily after a 4-5 days of camping. Apparently there is some kind of "show room" mode that disables that wakeup logic when activated
  2. be able to disable auto leveling. Very useful when camping on uneven ground
  3. be able to manually deflate/inflate each corner for leveling when camping. Very useful with an RTT.

1. I do not know of a "show room mode". That said, just because we don't know about it doesn't mean it's not there. I'd be surprised, tho. LR Germany used specially programmed IIDTools at the IAA International Auto Show in Frankfurt in the past to level the cars w/o running the motors. In order to keep the vehicles from draining the batteries, large power packs are installed in place of the batteries during the show. But the compressor won't run without the engine running (battery drain!) and the engines could not be run with the power packs (and the engines could not be run with visitors in the convention center either). So, LR had a couple fo guys go around for a couple of hours each evening after the show closed, remove the power packs, install batteries, run the engines, level the EAS, remove the batteries etc etc. So we provided them with IIDTools that ran the compressor and leveled the vehicles w/o the engine running (until the 3rd IAA when a bigwig at LR Germany caught wind of the fact that an aftermarket company's products were being used on the cars at the show :oops: and nixed that - despite the fact that we've done work for LR R&D as well...)
Long story, but nobody ever mentioned a "show room mode". And I'd think disabling the EAS would be one of the primary functions of such a mode. During the introduction of the L405 RR in Frankfurt, it was presented in the atrium of an office building for a week while select guests got to take a look. When I got there on day 3 or 4, it looked like a Mexican low-rider. The office building people would not allow LR to run the motor other than moving the vehicle in and out. Ok, enough of that...
  1. You can disable the EAS by going into "build mode" ("transport mode" for the early L322). Page 109 of our user manual.
  2. You can level the vehicle by using the "Test valve" function. Page 105 of the user manual. The pic below shows us with our TDV8 L322. It's hard to see through the grass, but the rear of the car is much higher than the front, and the RF tire is "stuffed" to get us level. Done using "Test valves" and in "Build mode". (Build mode / test valves can also be used to manually inflate a vehicle with an EAS issue and drive it out of wherever. No need for a manual inflation kit)

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
1. and 2. are supposed to be 2. and 3. above. Manually removed the
[ LIST=1]
[ /LIST]
but on saving it is automatically re-inserted. Not digging the new forum sw...

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
Ability to recalibrate the fuel tank capacity to make the distance to empty calculation more accurate

Ability to see TPMS data while driving
There are 2 ways in which we can provide access to items that normal users do not have: 1. is if LR have soft-switches that just need special sw (such as a diagnostic system) to access - CCF is an example of this, or 2. disassembling and reprogramming the sw on an ECU. An example for this would be engine tuning (re-mapping). This is not generally economically feasible, though, as the amount of work involved is enormous. It is possible for engine tunes only because engines are re-used across multiple platforms (volume) and you can get users to shell out $1K or more for a tune. Not feasible for other systems. So if LR did not program it, we can't offer it.

@SteveMfr Great news you are down with the thread, I appreciate your efforts and that of the team and I know everyone else here does as well.

You have a laundry list of "dream sheet" requests to get here so we will all be watching! hahahaha You're welcome! ;)

*Since I created this thread, I'd like to stack jump everyone and as how we get the EAS disengaged (if possible) with full use of the traction control functions? The goal being the conversion of coil springs without the fancy box everyone seems to have to use to make the TC work without EAS.

There are many coil-over setups out there that will fit in the LR3/4 with great performance but we are limited to someone who knows how to trick the ECU to allow us to "delete/deconfigure" EAS in the CCF.

Thanks Amigo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles