GAP Diagnostic Tools: Questions and Dream Requests!

gatorgrizz27

Ugh. Found the LR3 Rave manual and the t-case is part of the CAN BUS circuit, so I’m assuming the CDL is triggered by a reading from the ABS sensors via one of the ECUs. This means a software hack would be more productive than a hardware hack.

There are two Hall effect sensors, I’m assuming reading front and rear driveshaft speeds, but I think thsee probably prevent the t-case from shifting when it shouldn’t, rather than operating the CDL when they sense the F&R driveshafts turning at different speeds.

My testing would support this, in rock crawl mode, the CDL locks immediately when put in R, unlocks in P, and locks as soon as my foot is taken off the brake in D.

mmbirtcher

Observer
I’ve been just digging into the use of the GAP tool and was excited as only a Rover geek can be that I now have programmed the fog lights to stay on with high beams. Simple thing I used to have to modify wiring to do on previous vehicles.

I am having issues getting my HD Radio to work, which was working before. I assume it’s a software issue, does anyone have any insight on settings with the GAP Tool that may help? I’ve searched to no avail.

Errant

Explorer
I am having issues getting my HD Radio to work, which was working before. I assume it’s a software issue, does anyone have any insight on settings with the GAP Tool that may help? I’ve searched to no avail.

Interesting. I noticed my HD radio disappeared after using my GAP. I haven’t given it much thought, since I really only stream music. I’ve only used the tool the check codes, enable auto-up windows with the fob, lift, and disable TPMS. I wonder what I did?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94