GAP Diagnostic Tools: Questions and Dream Requests!

I feel this might be a good forum for all of us loyal and potential future users of GAP Diagnostic Tools to voice dreams and requests from GAP directly. The point of this thread, if nobody rejects, is to ask questions or make requests for future capabilities of the GAP Diagnostic Tools.

@SteveMfr Do you have any objections to this thread where you can pipe in directly for all of us to read?

ishapiro

A few wishes of mine:

1. be able to disable wakeup on each door open/close event. This is essential for when camping. My traxide setup with two batteries gets drained easily after a 4-5 days of camping. Apparently there is some kind of "show room" mode that disables that wakeup logic when activated
  2. be able to disable auto leveling. Very useful when camping on uneven ground
  3. be able to manually deflate/inflate each corner for leveling when camping. Very useful with an RTT.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
  1. be able to disable wakeup on each door open/close event. This is essential for when camping. My traxide setup with two batteries gets drained easily after a 4-5 days of camping. Apparently there is some kind of "show room" mode that disables that wakeup logic when activate
Just Push and hold the center dome light button until the lights flash. then the Dome lights will stay off unless turned on manually.

naks

Ability to recalibrate the fuel tank capacity to make the distance to empty calculation more accurate

Ability to see TPMS data while driving

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

LR Max

Local Oaf
For LR3, run fog lights while high beams are on.

I might be able to do this, but I didn't see it, diagnose and calibrate the blend door motors on the HVAC system.

Really, I would like to see a youtube library of how to do things get published. Like programming keys, calibrating suspension, etc. Stuff like that. I'd feel better it coming from the guys who made the software.

krick3tt

Adventurer
While on the trail sometimes things happen that are best left to qualified technicians if it isn't covered in the manual. It would be great if there were a book that was 'LR for Idiots' like I had in the 70's for my VW. Some of the confusing if not downright stopping your movement type of things that are getting us down.

Ray_G

Explorer
I know this will get the 'but coils are for zebadees' reaction (actually here it may not) but one thing I engaged with awhile back was if the tool could 'build' the truck as a coil sprung truck that would be awesome-but I got the sense the ability to retain terrain response was a technical bridge too far.

I say that b/c while the flashing worked fine, and I wouldn't go back on it in a heartbeat, being able to throw coils on without buying the flash unit actually adds some flexibility and such.

perkj

Explorer
A few wishes of mine:

1. be able to disable wakeup on each door open/close event. This is essential for when camping. My traxide setup with two batteries gets drained easily after a 4-5 days of camping. Apparently there is some kind of "show room" mode that disables that wakeup logic when activated

I don't think he's referring purely to the interior lights with this request. I think what he's getting at is that every time the door is open some of the ECUs wake up and as such drain the battery. Also every time you unlock the doors other ECUs wake up...ever notice how your Nav system screen turns on each time you unlock the door? Limiting the ECU wake ups would be a nice add.

ishapiro

Just Push and hold the center dome light button until the lights flash. then the Dome lights will stay off unless turned on manually.
As perkj already responded, I am not looking at dome lights turned off. I am referring to ecu wake up that triggers about 5 amp drain every time that happens and runs for about 20 mins until back to sleep. If you have many such events during the day it drains the batteries a lot.

ishapiro

For LR3, run fog lights while high beams are on.

I might be able to do this, but I didn't see it, diagnose and calibrate the blend door motors on the HVAC system.

Really, I would like to see a youtube library of how to do things get published. Like programming keys, calibrating suspension, etc. Stuff like that. I'd feel better it coming from the guys who made the software.
I don't know about LR3 but on my LR4 I was able to change that in the CCF easily.

ishapiro

Things as simple as dome lights are in the manual. Did you not get one with the LR?
As already clarified above, I am not after just turning of the dome lights. This is easily changed through a long button press on the dome light center button.

perkj

Explorer
As perkj already responded, I am not looking at dome lights turned off. I am referring to ecu wake up that triggers about 5 amp drain every time that happens and runs for about 20 mins until back to sleep. If you have many such events during the day it drains the batteries a lot.

Forgot to mention, my work around to the ECU problem is as follows:
  1. I made room for and installed a Group 31 100 ah battery into the secondary battery area (normally only a small group 34 fits). See how I did this here: https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...o-the-aux-battery-location-in-the-lr3.154841/
  2. I set the traxide USI-160 to separate the batteries....this doesn’t happen until the joined voltage goes below 12.6. Setting to separate mean that all the ECU wake ups will only pull from the main battery and not impact the secondary.
  3. for times where I’m really looking to maximize the secondary, I added a manual separate marine switch between the two batteries. This allows me to separate the batteries as soon as I shut the LR3 off and not have to wait for the joint voltage to fall below 12.6.
  4. i carry a ultra slim foldable 100w solar panel to keep either battery topped off during the day.
  5. I changed every interior light (there are a ton of them) to LED to keep the drain of using the lights to a minimum when I need them.
All this said, I’d still love a way to keep the damn ECUs from waking up every time I open a door or unlock them. I suppose finding which fuses power them and putting switches on the fuses could be a way to tackle this if it’s not possible via the GAP tool. @SteveMfr anything you can enable with the GAP tool to keep these darn ECUs sleeping on demand?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles